Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Default How is server life for tanks on green?

Never really got a paladin to any respectable level but thinking about making one. Still of the opinion SKs are the better hybrid tank but green is a good opportunity to try the classes I'm less drawn to.

With a lot of levelling zones like Unrest and Mistmoore still being very popular - are there usually tanks sitting LFG? Or is there a nice balance?
Old 04-24-2020, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Paladin can lull/calm indoors & outdoors. You'll need decent CHA.
Flash of Light is their bread and butter agro spell, get clarity and just spam it as needed.

Gear up HP,AC and some resists. Just spam flash of light, you can tank anything.
Save Lay on Hands for when you or a valuable group member is about to die.

Don't worry about maximizing your dps. Hybrid dps is awful until the end of velious.

edit: this post is presuming you'll be grouping. They duo well with other classes.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 04-24-2020 at 08:59 PM..
Old 04-24-2020, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

As a ranger I tanked nearly every group I was in due to no real tanks available.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a ranger I tanked nearly every group I was in due to no real tanks available.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah no worries on dps Baler I barely have a rusty 2h to swing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2020, 10:02 PM
Aviak

I just started playing on Green about a month ago, so by no means am I an authority on grouping at higher levels I can say the warrior I have at 22 and a paladin at 12 have never had difficulty joining or starting a group. (2 classes I had not played since PoP)

There was some issues where people assumed I had 1500 hp and fungi regen (combat bind wound does help a ton) at level 10 like your average blue geared new character but playing at a slower more cautious pace hasn't been bad for me. Family all at home means I walk away often and hell, the only reason I have time for P1999 at all is due to working from home for most of the week due to the obvious happy times we are in.

Paladin has been far easier to gear. There's a good argument they are the only melee class with ok itemization in classic era. Tons of competing demand for warrior weapons etc but you can decently gear a paladin at level 1 with a little patience and some luck in Ocean of Tears.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin can lull/calm indoors & outdoors. You'll need decent CHA.
Depends on how much a crit lull means to you but decent cha is 200~ imo.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=38

Fortunately cha gear is cheap.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

I found groups far easier with my Ranger than my Cleric in the last two months. However now hitting level 40 with my Cleric, i'm seeing getting groups is starting to be slightly easier (but still a nightmare) since i'm starting to get past the levels where Clerics are undesired for groups. As for melee/tanks, once you pass around 30ish, people start looking for more specific classes, and I bet a Paladin or SK would have a really good time getting groups especially.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:53 AM
Large Rat

Groups are easy to get as a tank and more importantly the way to go is just start your own. There is almost always a Druid, shaman and sometimes cleric in LFG. The perfect makings of a group.

Go for it. You’ll enjoy
Old 04-25-2020, 07:15 AM
Large Rat

May me a dumb question but why are clerics undesired at lower levels for groups? Especially in Classic? Clerics have undead nukes like a wizard but can heal.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

We need tanks. Period.

We don't care about what class you are, but we do need you to be willing to be punched in the face.
Closed Thread