Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 05:23 PM
Orc

This server is like a time travel paradox. By trying to create a classic experience and having legacy items in for the duration and timeframe that were observed with the original classic timeline, it has in effect created ended up doing the opposite and creating a non-classic experience.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Talking Holgresh Elder Beads Winner is YOU!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't get Beads for a fraction of the price on Blue that's for sure.

But the beads should be in game for ~5 more months. Just wait - list was already down to 10 the other day. If they fix the issue with Beads dropping outside the cave being locked to /list then even more Beads should enter the economy.
Someone was trying to buy beads on Blue for 650kpp about a month ago. In some ways, that pricing is more sensible than the current situation on Green!

I'm not even in the hunt for Beads and the thought of not being able to acquire them isn't what bothers me. I'm bothered because it seems like a glaring example of "f--- you, I'm getting mine" with people running around trying to extract as much profit from each interaction as possible. There is enough of that attitude in society that I'm not trying to seek it out in an emulated version of a 20+ year old video game. If you want to get sweaty and race for mobs, batphone, and take raiding as real. serious. business.... I don't have an issue with any of that. Do what makes you happy in life.

That content isn't any of my concern. It's more that I'm starting to feel bamboozled in the same way as if someone had successfully groomed me to start playing on Red in its current state. With no prior experience with emuEQ and looking at Blue's lifespan, I viewed playing on Green as a 'blue chip' method of getting my EQ nostalgia versus TLPs. "No boxing! Previous/other server going strong for over a decade! Active community!" I can't say I have the same faith in its longevity nowadays, and especially considering Velious was just released, that bums me out...

(And many in this community may feel that it was obvious that Green was going to turn out this way. That even that was part of its original design? There is a specific subset of the EQ population that seems drawn to farming/exploiting progression servers for maximum profit, and maybe Green is knowingly designed to tap into that. Personally, I would prefer to play with a stable, mature population centered around enjoying the content, community, and helping others out.

Just my two cents. I dig all the Beads memes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Last edited by JDAm0nk; 07-14-2021 at 06:55 PM..
Old 07-14-2021, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the beads should be in game for ~5 more months.
lol you're going to be disappointed
Old 07-14-2021, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All list camps have to be done by multiple people playing the same account. No one has ever done 60 hours at their computer. So unless you have friends that you trust, don't listen to baler and live your life.
Not true. Rogue who got his manastone couple days before me had to stay awake for much longer than 60 hours to get his because people after him refused to kill phs. There is a RnF thread about it if you care to look.
Old 07-15-2021, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

A normal human being can not expect to acquire Elder Beads this thread is very misleading
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 07-15-2021, 04:12 AM
Aviak

It took me 30h to get mine. Not again thanks.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A normal human being can not expect to acquire Elder Beads this thread is very misleading
This. If you did a 30+ hour camp for beads alone you have some serious issues.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. If you did a 30+ hour camp for beads alone you have some Holgresh Elder Beads.
fixed that for you
Closed Thread