Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will forever be regulated to the ghetto version: sitting my fat ass down in troll illusion and going afk for 20 mins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they go for about 170k to 200k on blue

It's not TOO crazy expensive

just spend a few hours everyday solo killing seb and you should be able to get enough

plat in a few months =)

I believe in you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2021, 01:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will forever be regulated to the ghetto version: sitting my fat ass down in troll illusion and going afk for 20 mins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't sweat it. It's only equipped when you fail to keep your Bedlam and Rune up midfight. Best enchanters I know and that play regularly don't have one and seem to do fine.

You absolutely don't need one in Chardok or PoM, for instance, due to the nature of camps. I passed my Zheart to my wizard the other day because I simply wasn't using it at all.However, if you are crawling through HS it definitely helps when you eat the odd harm touch.
Old 09-08-2021, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't sweat it. It's only equipped when you fail to keep your Bedlam and Rune up midfight. Best enchanters I know and that play regularly don't have one and seem to do fine.

You absolutely don't need one in Chardok or PoM, for instance, due to the nature of camps. I passed my Zheart to my wizard the other day because I simply wasn't using it at all.However, if you are crawling through HS it definitely helps when you eat the odd harm touch.
I agree with this. Though Zlandi Heart is amazing for casters especially necros, I still

recommend getting it. Not everyone is experienced with the enchanter. It takes a lot of

practice and some luck in order to solo efficiently. There could be unlucky breaks and

resists. You could get the shit beat out of you even with bedlam and rune on. It's great

for downtime + troll illusion. It's something I didn't regret farming plat for my

enchanter. And it is definitely an underrated item for enchanters IMO.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:34 PM
Banned

Oh and forgot to mention yesterday but a "cheaper" option for a regen item for

enchanters could be a spirit wracked cord

If you know what your doing and have a guild to help, this shouldn't cost nothing but time

but spirit wracked cord MQs are like 100k ish on blue? If you have like a DAP bot,

you can make maybe 40k in a month by hardcore porting if you have access to that

I like my enchanter to have around 2000 health since we are superrrrr squishy
Old 09-09-2021, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

+INT items are going to be pretty useful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Banned

Here are some items in my opinion are must have:

-Staff of the Serpent (Epic)
-Neriad Shawl
-Spirit Wracked Cord
-Zlandi Heart

Amazing Items for Enchanters outside of hardcore raiding:

-Cloak of Confusion (PoM)
-Mischievous Dazzler Robe (PoM)
-Earring of Blazing Energy (Chardok)

Great HP items

-Orb of the Infinite Void
-Regal Band (Chardok 2.0)
-Ring of Lightning
-Djarn Ring
-Sickly Glowing Orb

My advice is to get at least 205 charisma since you can buff yourself with overwhelming splendor. Then focus for some items that include HP + RAW MANA

Some of these items will take a while to get or are pretty expensive

but everyone knows that Enchanters are all just a bunch of rich assholes in game
Last edited by Tunabros; 09-09-2021 at 02:11 PM..
Old 09-09-2021, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Urns are going for 175-200k these days, not including any of the other potential costs, depending on how much help you can get. But your point stands, SWC is a must-have!

+1 on the Earring of Blazing Energy. I started this thread when I was 48 and was looking forward to seeing how effective the earring would be - clickable at 49. I'm 54 now, and having done almost exclusively charm soloing, I can say this item is probably the best bang for buck a leveling enchanter can have. The earring costs 2-3k, uses up about 35 mana for the click, and is just as useful, to this point at least, as a 100 mana slow when it comes to evening the tide of battle.. plus, you skip the hassle of changing spell gems, which we already do all too much. It's particularly effective when sending in 1 mob against a group of 3-4, as one might do in the bear pits. The amount of damage you're dishing out for 35 mana is pretty nuts.

As for my progression, I'm currently stockpiling DKP in hopes of scoring a Dain ring in the coming months. In the meantime, I've gotten my CHA to 255 buffed, and my MR up around 180 - it always feels good getting a timely resist against the occasional caster in HS, or against a mermaid during my time in Kedge.
As is, I am a few points over max CHA, and once I get OS, I'll have even more leeway with swapping CHA for +HP gear, so that's my plan going forward.

Keep the info coming!
Old 09-09-2021, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

just get bis gear or whatever
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-10-2021, 01:38 AM
Banned

Grrr I am jelly of your gear, Eberron

Wish my enchanter had that type of gear =O

I would have raided on Blue but I found it to be so time consuming zzz...
Old 09-13-2021, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Cure Shield - Plus Picking out the right resist gear.