Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When Green winds down, maybe a year or so since velious just dropped, P99 will be ready for a new server launch.

Hopefully it is a PVP server and they listen to feedback from about 8 years of complaining on these boards.

It will get a lot of bluebies just like red did the first time around. With fixes to things like PVP exp loss, and some custom fixes and a new way to deal with legacy shits and the level up race, we might make a really fun server for a year +
That would genuinely be fun, however the minority ruined it for the majority, that won't happen man.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Every server dies, not every server truly lives
Old 08-11-2021, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every server dies, not every server truly lives
I dunno, this box was pumping PVP in 2014-2015 before Velious dropped - KC and EJ each had what, 150-200 people each total?. Even the first few weeks of Velious were bangin' for PVP.

Nothing like slaying Yelinak on top of Ragnaros' dead body to soothe the soul.

EDIT: I misread this, I saw this as "no server ever truly lives."
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Last edited by Imago; 08-11-2021 at 02:32 AM..
Old 08-11-2021, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: I misread this, I saw this as "no server ever truly lives."
What you said it still applicable. I didn't see the same energy as the servers that predate r99, namely on live and vztz. That could just be time taking its course or me not playing enough to know.

That's cool you got too see some large scale pvp. Those are some of my fav and worst memories. The bad ones are sometimes more romantic than the good.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Its the different mentality that EMU pop has versus live pop. It will never be 1999 again, this is the "meta" which is never as good as the alpha.

But it can still be a lot of fun and red99 2.0 can be better than 1.0 and I agree, the server was bumping robustly right up till velious when the server ended almost immediately, despite tons of enormous setbacks and full guild bans and all kinds of ridiculousness.

Red 2.0 can be extra good and skip some of that shits.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its the different mentality that EMU pop has versus live pop. It will never be 1999 again, this is the "meta" which is never as good as the alpha.

But it can still be a lot of fun and red99 2.0 can be better than 1.0 and I agree, the server was bumping robustly right up till velious when the server ended almost immediately, despite tons of enormous setbacks and full guild bans and all kinds of ridiculousness.

Red 2.0 can be extra good and skip some of that shits.
Or Rogean is practical and notices there isn't a market for everquest pvp servers. It starts good the first week and then the crazy people are left to be dealt with. Probably better to leave it as is.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

R99 was great when there were 200-300 folks online. GvG battles are better than dragons any day of the week. There is nothing like fighting against a living, breathing human being. Racing, training, and neck-bearding isn’t competition.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

There was adequate population on red 1.0 for at least two years, even with tons major fuck ups across the board.

2.0 can be good for at least that long.

No one is asking for more. Just a new horse to ride on till it dies.

Green release was a huge success and as the population slows down there as people are tired of what is becoming a dead server instead of a progression server (as progress stopped) they will be ready for red 2.0 and the blue and green pop can eventually merge as the blue 3.0 server gets launched later down the line.

Looking forward to the good times gang.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://open.spotify.com/episode/?si..._branch=1&nd=1

i dont know what thread linked it but just wanted to say i remember rallos zek completely different

It was very political, and all the top guilds were holding hands

the people actually pvping were in the minority

the server was basically another blue server

when the merger happened u had pvp
LOL id put my hand on the fire Tune never played live prior to Luclin or he was too busy PVEing at the top to wander anywhere else. I never made it to top, stopped right when luclin launched, so i cant testify to what happened on the raiding scene. But the reason why i never made it to the top is because i had so much fun on the way up with pvp.

It was everywhere. EC, Ro, Thurgadin, highpass, blackburrow, SK, Unrest, Gfay, just everywhere i went, everyday, you had pvp going on. Especially Gfay, where i had a 12 wiz parked just to get high and pvp for hours on end. You had plenty of PK guilds, off the top of my head: Flowers of happiness, Artful death, Darkenbane, black claws, House of Haeli or some shit like that. You didnt even have to go PK because youd constantly get attacked and could just note down the guilds and engage those.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
R99 was great when there were 200-300 folks online. GvG battles are better than dragons any day of the week. There is nothing like fighting against a living, breathing human being. Racing, training, and neck-bearding isn’t competition.
When they removed xp loss in pvp during Kunark and we had that huge fight in emerald jungle, this is what the server should have been. We had a short window into what could have been. Devs/Sirken quickly stepped in to make sure the fun wouldnt last. Sirken with that fucking fisher price jousting shit, thx for trying but that isnt pvp.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-30-2021 at 11:23 PM..
Closed Thread