Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 11:14 AM
Banned

Sleeper resetting the server 2 would be gr8
Old 10-15-2021, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah sleeper resetting server with some caveats would be cool I think. It does seem like it might become a race-to-wake just for the pride of being the team to wake and destroy the server.

But in the ideal world the nihilum of red 2.0 is defending the sleeper from would be upstart-awakeners that want to rob nihilum of their pixels.

But in real life I think with a sleeper-waking mechanic we wouldn't get any of those pixel hoarders which might be a problem. Based on my recent research it seems like is 85% of the p99 population is suffering from mild to acute pixel rot and might not spend time on a server unless their items were in some kinda permanent pixel lust vault.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But in real life I think with a sleeper-waking mechanic we wouldn't get any of those pixel hoarders which might be a problem. Based on my recent research it seems like is 85% of the p99 population is suffering from mild to acute pixel rot and might not spend time on a server unless their items were in some kinda permanent pixel lust vault.
This is kind of remedied with "purple" being dumped on red. You could restart the server to 3.0 and the season turns, turns, turns.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Oh you dump it over to red 1.0?

But Going from cool ruleset red 2.0 to bad ruleset red 1.0 might suck but that is a good idea.

No matter what some way of turning more than every 10 years is a good idea.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:57 PM
Kobold

Be logical about what Rogean might be thinking. As close to classic as possible, player made server resets sounds far fetched, but fun and good for the overall server; so expect it to not happen as the staff doesn't actually like fun.

What we can guess what they will probably be working:
- Players to be a low-level mob in the game.
- Any new severs will eventually merge into red.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be logical about what Rogean might be thinking. As close to classic as possible, player made server resets sounds far fetched, but fun and good for the overall server; so expect it to not happen as the staff doesn't actually like fun.

What we can guess what they will probably be working:
- Players to be a low-level mob in the game.
- Any new severs will eventually merge into red.
I sort of willed myself to stop being bitter about the staff treating us poorly (i can also understand them being bitter about the playerbase being chunky on the toxic side) but im also losing interest. If they dont want a new fucking server, or care that little about it (by not giving any news) to the point where im finding it hard to get any pump about the thing, might as well fuck off as they seem to want people to do sometimes.

Its classic-themed and im sort of fine with it. I wish somebody would mod the fuck out of EQ and leads to healthy pops but realistically this isnt happening.

We just need a reset. A let bygones be bygones reset and a server reset. All they got to do really is read the feedback we gave them in the last months, think about it for a week and have another go at a red server without repeating the mistakes that were made the first time around. Make it fun again.

If they do that, ill stick with my promise to be more positive and if they dont, its not that ill be negative, ill just lose interest. In like 2 months i got a beast comp and if they havent given any news itll just seal the deal about them treating their players poorly and ill probably post here in 5 years like oh lol this place, i 'member.
Old 10-16-2021, 12:04 PM
Skeleton

CC Changes
  • Dispell - Remove buffs as normal. Replace with a 10 second "empty buff". Stops mass dispells.
  • Charm - If charming a summoned pet, root/stop the pet in it's tracks. Does not remove pet.
  • Snare/Slow - Movement and Attack Speed cannot go below a certain %.

Corpse Retrieval
Unpopular opinion, but we're in 2021. Priests of Discord can summon bodies.. but for a price. Unable to res for experience.
(Stops corpse camping, being trained, and eliminates the 1:3 time loss ratio)

Corpse Loot Rights
Stop trying to take everything from everyone. No coin or items.

Pickpocketing Rogues
  • Coin from players - Only Copper and Silver. Burden the weight of your actions.
  • Items - Tradeskill Mats only. Entire stack. Have fun farming bots!
  • NPC - Ensure Magic items cannot be pick pocketed.

Raids
  • Fully PVE - Guilds are able to use Raids as a time to gear up.
  • Timers - Lower the respawn time of Raid Boss and increase the Trash mob's.
  • PvP Exceptions - Make quakes last 3-7 days. Completely open to PvP. Raid targets are FFA.

Fun idea:
This was for my EQ Kingdoms game, but maybe you can create a timeline for the Raid Targets. Start from the earliest raids (lesser targets like Phini up to Dragons like Vox and Nagafen) and as guilds start clearing these targets, after a certain # of deaths the other Raid targets unlocks.

Eventually the early raid targets will stop respawning after a set # of deaths. Respawn on Quakes and GM Events.
GM Event: Spawn the Raid Boss in the previous zone (Vox -> Everfrost) and allow it to roam. Global yellow text will let players know who is up!
(These events will drop more loot than normal. Makes it worth while having waves of players join the server)

Of course... waking the sleeper will cause the dragons to roam Norrath (immortal) and destroy the world. No mobs can respawn after being killed.

A week or so of the dragons roaming, the server will reset.

Cheers!
Old 10-16-2021, 12:12 PM
Skeleton

Can you imagine fighting:

Vox -> Everfrost

Nagafen -> Lavastorm

Phinigel -> Dagnor's Cauldron

Plane of Sky -> Commonlands

Plane of Hate/Fear -> Feerrott
Old 10-16-2021, 12:30 PM
Skeleton

As far as social rules go:

Allow us to label Exiles, Spies, and Griefers. They've earned that badge.
(Yellow/Pink name tags)

Guilds should have a few groups of 4:

Gladiators: Warrior, Shadowknight, Paladin, or Ranger
(Crimson red name tag)

Medics: Clerics, Druids, or Shamans
(Blue name tag)

Magus: Mages, Wizards, Enchanters, or Necromancers
(Green name tag)

Scoundrels: Rogues, Bards, Rangers, or Monks
(Orange name tag)

Gladiators will fight for Tanking bragging rights.

Medics are allowed to live during mass PvP events to res fallen comrades.

Magus will fight for Wisdom bragging rights.

Scoundrels will just fight.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CC Changes
  • Dispell - Remove buffs as normal. Replace with a 10 second "empty buff". Stops mass dispells.
  • Charm - If charming a summoned pet, root/stop the pet in it's tracks. Does not remove pet.
  • Snare/Slow - Movement and Attack Speed cannot go below a certain %.

Corpse Retrieval
Unpopular opinion, but we're in 2021. Priests of Discord can summon bodies.. but for a price. Unable to res for experience.
(Stops corpse camping, being trained, and eliminates the 1:3 time loss ratio)

Corpse Loot Rights
Stop trying to take everything from everyone. No coin or items.

Pickpocketing Rogues
  • Coin from players - Only Copper and Silver. Burden the weight of your actions.
  • Items - Tradeskill Mats only. Entire stack. Have fun farming bots!
  • NPC - Ensure Magic items cannot be pick pocketed.

Raids
  • Fully PVE - Guilds are able to use Raids as a time to gear up.
  • Timers - Lower the respawn time of Raid Boss and increase the Trash mob's.
  • PvP Exceptions - Make quakes last 3-7 days. Completely open to PvP. Raid targets are FFA.

Fun idea:
This was for my EQ Kingdoms game, but maybe you can create a timeline for the Raid Targets. Start from the earliest raids (lesser targets like Phini up to Dragons like Vox and Nagafen) and as guilds start clearing these targets, after a certain # of deaths the other Raid targets unlocks.

Eventually the early raid targets will stop respawning after a set # of deaths. Respawn on Quakes and GM Events.
GM Event: Spawn the Raid Boss in the previous zone (Vox -> Everfrost) and allow it to roam. Global yellow text will let players know who is up!
(These events will drop more loot than normal. Makes it worth while having waves of players join the server)

Of course... waking the sleeper will cause the dragons to roam Norrath (immortal) and destroy the world. No mobs can respawn after being killed.

A week or so of the dragons roaming, the server will reset.

Cheers!
These are really great ideas too. Totally endorsed even though they oppose a lot of mine.

I would be very happy either way. I like the spell, dispell, PoD summon and quake changes the most.

Maybe rogues can pp platinum from players, it becomes gold, silver, copper in random amounts though. Would be fun to hang around banks or steal from guildies in small 10p ish amounts at a time this way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread