Yeah tipt sounds right.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-06-2022, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

loramin you really just need to make an enc twink on p99 and get it over with
Old 08-06-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. So either the vast majority of Enchanter players on live were apes (but players of every other class knew how to play that class just as well as they do on P99), or ... our emulator isn't emulating charm properly.
Well, keep in mind the first EQ expansion came what, 11 months after launch? The next 6 after that?

we're talking 1-2 years for players to learn this game from the ground up.

By the time velious ended, I might believe a few players knew how to solo charm with an enchanter, but I wouldn't believe that it was well known because I distinctly remember them being friendly wizards basically that just kept the adds mezed and played by people who had no aggressive tendencies whatsoever during the time that I played live.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
loramin you really just need to make an enc twink on p99 and get it over with
I have one as an alt on Blue, but I'm waiting to make one my main on Green 2.0 ... with the hope that charming gets made more classic before then.

Now you might say "Loramin you're full of shit, no one wants to play a nerfed class". But the thing is, the Live Enchanter was not "nerfed": they were still a great and popular class! I just want to play that class, not the "easy mode" P99 version.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But with stuff like 25+ mob kites and combat bind wounds being removed here, every class plays fundamentally the same as they did on live.
And thats why we have bards kiting, what, just 24? Very fundamentally classic. Druids soloing king tranix? clerics soloing the chardok royalty? monks soloing shroom king? i'm sure you don't want me to bring up shaman again, am i right or am i right?
Old 08-06-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

This thread now has the #2 most replies in the caster's subforum, only behind Necro, how do you not choose Iksar? Which was created in 2015.

Let's go for Gold, guys.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And thats why we have bards kiting, what, just 24? Very fundamentally classic. Druids soloing king tranix? clerics soloing the chardok royalty? monks soloing shroom king? i'm sure you don't want me to bring up shaman again, am i right or am i right?
Bards did swarm kite in classic: I know, because I had a friend who played a bard and learned how to do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] As for the rest, those are all extreme examples, that simply show what others have been saying about playing an emulator years after the original. Yes, a handful of dedicated players, pushing a game to the limit, can do a few things (eg. solo something hard) that hadn't been done before on live.

But none of your examples is anything like a class being played fundamentally differently by virtually everyone who plays that class. Most Enchanters grouped on live, but most Enchanters solo here: that's not true of any other class (again, you don't see Warriors or Clerics mass soloing here, or Necros deciding to group most of the time ... they all play fundamentally the same as they did on live).

When something so basic is different from the original, it strongly suggests the emulator isn't emulating well.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-06-2022 at 07:09 PM..
Old 08-06-2022, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

I saw bards “swarm” on classic.

Like aoe dotting a whopping 4 mobs at a time.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-06-2022, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw bards “swarm” on classic.

Like aoe dotting a whopping 4 mobs at a time.
I never played a Bard, but I assure you I watched (over his shoulder as he played) Enderii of Bristlebane learn to swarm kite with ... a lot of (I didn't count exactly how many) mobs in The Overthere, in 2001 or 2002. I was quite jealous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I believe it was still in Velious, but it's possible it wasn't until Luclin (these are twenty-plus-year-old memories after all). Still, I don't think anything fundamentally changed between Velious and Luclin, to enable swarm kiting for non-AA characters (we must have been in our 20's-40's when this happened, so AAs weren't a factor).

P.S. And he just had a normal residential Internet connection (we lived off campus) ... I can't remember for sure, but it was almost certainly DSL.

Last edited by loramin; 08-06-2022 at 10:21 PM..
Old 08-06-2022, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

you're like the mick west of p99 loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://twitter.com/MickWest/status/...qklrCC433vcYdw