Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 01:17 AM
Banned

tldr please
Old 09-19-2020, 10:47 AM
Aviak

Wow! OP got screwed, but not by Kingdom. OP was not given the camp as the previous camp holder ghosted. OP was not at the camp to maintain any reasonable possibility of claim. OP initially tried to explain he had a history with the previous camp holder that he would be next, but had no reasonable/verifiable evidence (strangers in zone usually dont count).

OP absolutely violated rules by charming an engaged mob. I wouldn't expect a GM to side with OP and if they did I would be very curious as to what rule/evidence they would cite as their reason.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:07 PM
Banned

If you were in Lower Guk camping AM and someone showed up and told you that the camp belonged to them because someone who isn't online told them that they could have it whenever they wanted, would you vacate the camp? I probably wouldn't. (Except in this case I probably would rather camp Halfling guards for 2-3 hours and buy an SMR versus camping AM for days to walk away with Silversilk Leggings you can't even give away).
Old 09-19-2020, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow! OP got screwed, but not by Kingdom. OP was not given the camp as the previous camp holder ghosted. OP was not at the camp to maintain any reasonable possibility of claim. OP initially tried to explain he had a history with the previous camp holder that he would be next, but had no reasonable/verifiable evidence (strangers in zone usually dont count).

OP absolutely violated rules by charming an engaged mob. I wouldn't expect a GM to side with OP and if they did I would be very curious as to what rule/evidence they would cite as their reason.
Post with your real green name kingdumb cunt. I didn't violaterules because they said they just wanted the AM spawn the charmed mob was the non PH at the camp, hence they already said they didn't want it. Secondarily, kingdumb cunt, read the fucking rules:

If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post with your real green name kingdumb cunt. I didn't violaterules because they said they just wanted the AM spawn the charmed mob was the non PH at the camp, hence they already said they didn't want it. Secondarily, kingdumb cunt, read the fucking rules:

If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.
Whats the next line.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Seems like a balanced, reasonable dude.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats the next line.
Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BlackBellamy already posted this at the begining, but ill post the link again here. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19&postcount=9

You cherry picked the part you think sounds the best for you. However, you keep ignoring the part everyone else is pointing to.

"1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt."

The part that says "The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp."

This is the part where you get screwed. While the previous camp holder may have told you that you were next in line. He never actually handed the camp to you. Its a grey area because he didn't violate the rules by handing it to someone else instead of you, he just ghosted and never formally handed it to you. Since you were not at the camp to take it over when he left, or have it handed to you, it is considered to be an open camp. Sorry bro.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:32 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also some insight into the leader of Kingdom.

I had good luck with the Lord in Lguk and happened to get double SSOYs back to back. I forget his name (was a mage leading at the time - sorry for my bad memory bro!) But I gave a Yak to him free because he said his son really could use one.

Forward a few weeks later and he tells me how his son literally saved their entire Hate raid due to the yak procs goin' off like mad! You could see it was a genuinely awesome moment between a father and a son and he was stoked as heck.

That is the kind of stuff you can't buy - genuine good feeling gratitude. Just him relating that to me makes me think highly of him - and most of his guild.

They are good folks - especially the mage guy leading - if it's still him. So before you cast a stone, you should get to know people man!

Sheeeesh,
yer Green server pal Keeth
Old 09-19-2020, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BlackBellamy already posted this at the begining, but ill post the link again here. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19&postcount=9

You cherry picked the part you think sounds the best for you. However, you keep ignoring the part everyone else is pointing to.

"1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt."

The part that says "The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp."

This is the part where you get screwed. While the previous camp holder may have told you that you were next in line. He never actually handed the camp to you. Its a grey area because he didn't violate the rules by handing it to someone else instead of you, he just ghosted and never formally handed it to you. Since you were not at the camp to take it over when he left, or have it handed to you, it is considered to be an open camp. Sorry bro.

Unfortunately Bellamy flunked out of elf law school. The camp was not "handed off". The previous camp holder lost his rights to it and the "person who is next" gained them.

the rules would make zero sense interpreted any other way and the entire "who is next" would be useless as people could easily abuse it by just logging and letting their friends get camp despite having told someone else they were next.

This looks like pretty open and shut elf law.
Closed Thread