Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-14-2020, 11:19 PM
Banned

Default Light sources really screw with armor appearances and my immersion is destroyed

If you stand basically anywhere near another player who has a lightsource, or you equip one yourself, it makes rubi appear this weird orange\pink color, and totemic looks either golden yellow or a neon-blue color. Also walls in places like perma are just so blindingly ugly and washed out. I'm assuming nothing can be done about this or they already would have fixed it. Titanium client issue?
Old 05-15-2020, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

This happened because it was the only way for them to force darkness/sight problems to make the game more selectively classic.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happened because it was the only way for them to force darkness/sight problems to make the game more selectively classic.
This is one classic mechanism i freaking love. The human blindness is freaking on point!! I love it
Old 05-15-2020, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Is that also why bronze looks yellow and green silken drape bright bright green?
Or is that another issue?
Old 05-15-2020, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that also why bronze looks yellow and green silken drape bright bright green?
Or is that another issue?
Pretty sure its the same. Black stuff looks green to me depending on the lighting. Darker or lighter areas can completely change what color things appear.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:51 PM
Banned

I honestly do really love how they managed to force darkness and thus make vision enhancing spells and item effects relevant again. So I can take the sometimes-weird armor looks and white walls in highkeep and perma as an acceptable trade off. I can't code this shit so props, I was just wondering about it.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:55 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah I noticed too that my bronze armor changes between golden and yellow..