Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 05:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Druid Tracking broken

I am sure someone has to know about this but under no circumstances was druid tracking 20 at launch. I was on Prexus when it launched playing a druid and I had to level to 125 by clicking tracking while soloing mobs in NK. I remember it well. Bards were also never 100 tracking at this time.
Nobody logged out bards in Fear to track the Wraith of Shissar...their tracking was trash.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Kobold

Provide proof, which you wont be able to do.... Druids didnt get track upgraded till, Velious i think??
Old 08-04-2020, 06:12 PM
Banned

no its just bad
Old 08-04-2020, 07:38 PM
Banned

I *see* a centaur 6 feet in front of me... but it doesn't show up on tracking. Hmm.

I doubt they intended to have such a hilariously useless ability on druids at launch, but sadly I'm pretty sure it actually was the case. I think it gets upgraded two separate times.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am telling you how it was for us early druids. I had to click tracking to raise my tracking skill ie..tracking(1)..(2)...etc..and it took the better part of a day to cap it. No WAY our tracking was this bad. I remember thinking after I hit 100 that I wondered what the cap was. When it hit 125 and didn't go up I figured Id hit it. That was confirmed by other druids like Maumoss who were of my tenure at the time on Prexus.

It's absolutely false that bards had 100 tracking to start. THAT was what was upgraded later on, not druids.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:26 PM
Kobold

naw you probably played a ranger and confuse the 2
Old 08-04-2020, 08:51 PM
Banned

pretty sure bard tracking capped at 50 on live in the beginning
Old 09-20-2020, 12:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

There is NO WAY druid tracking was our SPELL RANGE. That's what it currently is. I can only track out to the distance I can cast spells. It was NEVER this bad. EVER. Perhaps the value was lower but it certainly did not work like this. It is 100% broken. Yes I was a 1.0 druid. I started a druid when Prexus went live. We are well past that in era now.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

If you can provide solid evidence it should be different, the devs will change it. That could include a screenshot, patch notes, or written verbal description from the era in question. However, I think this research has already been done. Here's what the patch notes on the Wiki say:

December 7, 1999 (after Temple of Sol Ro, but before Plane of Sky)
Quote:
DRUIDS:
- DOTs changed negatively, making Kiting less efficient
+ DoT changed positively to enhance group play
+ Many new quests requiring a tracker to find outdoor spawn
+ Increased druid's tracking ability
That's the first patch note that mentions druid track. We're past that change now. The cap has been raised from 20 to 50.

March 6, 2001 (early Velious, pre-Warrens)
Quote:
The tracking skill cap for Druids has been raised to 125. It was the intent for druids to be better at tracking than they were, however before the scroll bar, smaller skill numbers were often considered better. With the tracking improvements from the last patch, this increase was appropriate.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was the intent for druids to be better at tracking than they were...
OP, it seems like it is now your job to convince the devs that since the intent was to have druids be better at tracking and we already have the upgraded tracking window in the UI (right?), they should implement this change earlier in the timeline.

Good luck with that.
Closed Thread