Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should nerfed Kunark items be nerfed at launch?
No! I want to spend to the first month doing nothing but /list camps! 38 56.72%
Yes! Save everyone the headache! 29 43.28%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 10:40 PM
Banned

Roll a necro
Old 09-18-2020, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Roll a necro
OK I will. I guess I have to get him a stick now too, yikes.

It's great on a necro, sure, and I'll get one on mine that I'm now rolling - it's all your fault. It makes a non-Iksar necro slightly better on regen than an Iksar necro while sitting (by a whopping 4hp/tic). Man that gives perspective. Camp fungi stick, pay a ton of money for it, or just reroll your 50 gnome necro as an Iksar? Easy decision: reroll Iksar.

Regen is nice but healing and regen are quite ubiquitous. Regrowth from Shaman/Dru, regen potions, healing potions. Instant mana is not. There is no instant mana potions like there are instnt heal potions. There is an upper limit to what fungus stick is worth because there comes a point you just buy/recharge calimony potions. There is no manastone replacement.

Each charge of a calimony pot is 300hp and it's instant.

It's like jboots versus sow potions. Jboots have a price ceiling simply because sow potions are always an option.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty much a deluxe necro/ecnchanter only item. it's not even remotely worth what it's going to cost for any other class.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:14 AM
Banned

Did the staff even get sold once on blue?

Inquiring minds want to know. I don't know the answer.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possibly worth triple digit manastones in actual in game value vs manastone in game value. Yes staff might be 100x better than stone
Old 09-19-2020, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much a deluxe necro/ecnchanter only item. it's not even remotely worth what it's going to cost for any other class.
Have you ever leveled a shaman with one? Its incredible, and the shaman gets the best regens in the game.

As for snare? Pay attention as to how often you can get a sow outside or a heal, or a regen from any other player, vs inside when you cant get a heal and you havent had sow on you for 2hrs, while you're holding down a camp, on any class.

The staff is as powerful as a fungi, period.

And it's a fungi that stacks with a fungi. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2020, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman/dru can use post nerf one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2020, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

The reason I brought it up is because not only can shaman and druid cast that spell, but the overall power of the rod is so great that its even OP on those classes.

Now imagine being able to cast it on classes that cant cast regen.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason I brought it up is because not only can shaman and druid cast that spell, but the overall power of the rod is so great that its even OP on those classes.

Now imagine being able to cast it on classes that cant cast regen.
Long term it does very little for a shaman. The problem with the other classes is that it's not going to be worth the investment long term either. It doesn't matter if it's good for them.

And the reason the cost becomes so inflated on them isn't because of how good they are, but primarily how RARE they are.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

Nerf em on Day 0.
Closed Thread