Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Platinum tiara.
I used to farm and sell these all the time for 5k and whenever I sold one I was like

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2020, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

They are a steal at 2k for this time period and will hold value for the entire servers existence.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

GEBS might be 5k for 9 int. It's certainly not your first to get item but it remains BIS or near-BIS for a long time and at the same time there isn't a lot of caster boots (for now anyway).

For non-lowbies most items aren't really noticable in themselves, together they can make a difference however.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:39 PM
Banned

for sure, is that 5k for gebs well spent early on is the point of the thread

5k spent on the other great value items mentioned so far would help a newb much more than gebs.

that's the idea of the thread.

how can someone new stretch their plat for most effectiveness early on
Old 09-19-2020, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
overvalued:

Golden Efreeti Boots (5-6k for 9int/wis -seems quite overvalued)

Gonna buy these when kunark drops and it goes down to 1k
Old 09-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna buy these when kunark drops and it goes down to 1k
Why would the price go down when people are spending less time farming them and it will be months before small groups of more powerful higher level players can take on the content?

I can't really think of an EC equivalent other than the Velious boots so if anything I'd expect the price to rise on GEBs and even wolf fur slippers and other iksar wearable necro twink gear.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:01 PM
Banned

Agreed gebs will retain their platinum value well into kunark - a great item to sell - and only begin to decline in plat value in velious.

The point of this particular thread though is that for a new player something like Kobold Hide Boots are a far superior value for like merely 50p as opposed to 5k purchase.

10hp > 9 int until level 20s or 30s maybe

So a baller will indeed twink a level 1 ikk necro with gebs. But most won't because that 5k is better spent elsewhere.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:08 PM
Kobold

black chitin leggings, brown chitin protector, robe of the ishva, granite bracer, sharkskin drum. there is a lot
Old 09-19-2020, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornisthebest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
black chitin leggings, brown chitin protector, robe of the ishva, granite bracer, sharkskin drum. there is a lot
Not sure about sharkskin but the rest overpriced frankly and not worth much long term.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

diamondine earrings, hooded black cloak, 50+ gems like black sapphire/jacinth etc, 44 and level 49 mage/necro words for spells, there are several mobs that a ton of classes can solo that regularly drop the 44/49 words and some of them are priced at 3-4k like words of incarceration

my current farm is jacinth/diamond/blue diamond/black sapphire mob that my mage can solo, made about 16k after 10 hours and have 3 bags worth of 300pp+ per words to sell still
Closed Thread