Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Default DN Issues

Aaah... My favorite zone in EQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Front of zone is empty. Each set of bones near entrance has a phase spider. A few are normally pathing around the area behind them too.

Walking uninvis over a lot of the bones and I cannot get a dragon construct trap to go off. :/
Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Large Bat

My brother and I were horsing around in DN this last weekend and I noticed the same thing. There were zero phase spiders up front, which at first I thought was due to others clearing them but they never repopped. There were 6 ppl including us when we zoned in, and eventually it was down to just us.

The constructs also never popped when we traveled over the skeletons. I don't remember how many bones had them but i know for sure at least one by the ent did, and i thought it was two up front. I used to solo the ent on my shaman for AA shortly after Luclin came out, as Velks was ridiculous overpop'd, and I remember having time to run all the spiders and a construct before repops at a casual pace. Going to do some searching for prof.

As an aside, really like the Chetari's toughness.... brought back old memories to see a dustbinder spank a well geared monk in a brief time. My brother had never been to DN and the spiders had him careless...
Old 05-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

Can confirm. Second visit and can't get any of the bone piles to trigger the dragon constructs. On Live I was terrified of walking on the bones the left facing the zone from entrance as that one was very sensitive.

Phase spiders in front still missing. If you look at Live it still looks the same minus the barbarian raiders they added at some point.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Developer

Added dragon construct triggers, pending update.

I'm assuming the lack of phase spiders up near the zone-in is due to the existing spawns not having grids setup to path along, not that we're actually missing spawns. My vague recollection is that almost all of the phase spiders (that weren't trap-spawned) were roamers, does that sound right?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Developer

Unsurprisingly, my recollection was entirely wrong. Went ahead and hopped on live and added a handful of phase spider spawns from there, including the ones in the front.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:30 AM
Fire Giant

I do recall a decent amount of roamers near the zone in. There really were none?
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Closed Thread