Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default Recourse Effects

If a Recourse Effect Spell can't take hold due to you, the caster, having all 15 buff slots already in use, will the detrimental part of the spell (Shadow Vortex / Siphon Str) still basically generate the same amount of hate? I don't really care if the spell does or doesn't decrease stats of the mob, but in that instance, if the spell can't take hold, is that similar to it getting resisted or is it the equivalent of having your darkness line not take hold because it doesn't stack, i.e. a higher level druid/ranger already snared the mob?

Was using Shadow Vortex yesterday in group and it seemed like I couldn't hold aggro with SV until I clicked off 1 of the 15 buffs in window, allowing for the transfer of stolen AC. However, it was a rushdown type of situation so I didn't have time to really test this out.
Last edited by Ennewi; 04-07-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Old 04-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know the answer to this but keep on keeping on Mr. level1undercon

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2014, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

I would imagine the strength debuff that is put on a mob and the strength buff that you get are two different things, and just because you don't get the strength buff doesn't affect whether the mob gets the debuff (and therefore the hate). Purely speculative, never tested or confirmed, but I think that would make the most sense as far as coding the buffs.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would imagine the strength debuff that is put on a mob and the strength buff that you get are two different things, and just because you don't get the strength buff doesn't affect whether the mob gets the debuff (and therefore the hate). Purely speculative, never tested or confirmed, but I think that would make the most sense as far as coding the buffs.
buff hate is a thing to think about also, cant tell you how many times on live my bard would get smacked by an add that no one else had touched yet just because i was playing songs.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:13 AM
Large Bat

Afaik it works like this:

Did debuff give message? Then yes. That means spell landed on mob, hence aggro should generate. The detrimental part is separate from the buff part.

Tbh tho I have never needed shadow vortex to keep aggro so I have never bothered to check. Are you pulling with it? Or DC for that matter? Because that might explain it. If you're pulling with either one you should consider either manual (bow etc) or maybe siphon strength for pulling.

Edit: to clarify: initial aggro is capped so if you pull with shadow vortex you are gimping its aggro generation. The detrimental part will land even if the buff doesn't stick and that is generating the majority of hate from the spell. Mebbe clarify? Whiskey after midnight etc
Last edited by Letharos; 04-29-2014 at 01:19 AM..
Closed Thread