Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Skeleton

This is at its heart is a group and raid game. The point of a pvp server in my opinion is to have groups and raids contest named spawns or camps. End the global kill text and provide level 60 raid targets announced in global text when they die and when they respawn (I'm talking about major spawns like Trak etc). Give a one hour heads up on spawns in global text so all guilds know where to be if they want to contest.

End the kill text because it encourages leaderboard whores to roll a rogue,wizard or shaman, or worse, some decked out twink who has next to no chance of death. Well played clerics, chanters, and other support will not be in the back seat since they rarely get global kill text.

Group versus solo ganking, naked kills, ambushes on people engaged in pve at low health, none of this is pvp it's another form of griefing.

To be clear, i'm not suggesting any of the above should be outlawed, just no more global text for guys seeking /ooc pras from idiots.

I know it's not classic, and frankly I don't care, but group pvp around named highly contested spawns seems to be the funnest pvp I have engaged in. I'm sure there is something exhilarating about hanging around teleportation rings fully buffed and ready to go for the gank, but this doens't need to be celebrated by global kill text. Provide a /who all guild function that lets the server know all the named kills a particular guild has downed in the last week for clarity on whose "winning".

In my experience the server will know through word of mouth who the best pvpers are, not a leaderboard that can't discern the context of the kill, ie twinks, group gang bangs vs. solo. etc.

The caveat to this is if you want to keep global text, make it only apply to guild leaders and officers. The assumption being their in the best position to mobilize a competing group and will have a high value placed on them in pvp due to the yellow text.

Just some thoughts.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Banned

get rid of the leaderboard and let the YT do the talking. might get rid of some of the twink fire giants like Iool farming lowbie kills
Old 02-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Banned

leaderboard is privately hosted and the only way to get rid of it is to get rid of yellow text

which has no place in eq anyway
Closed Thread