Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
0 reason to play on the beta anymore and more will realize this.
I was on "Blue" lately and I enjoyed it. That's enough of a reason for me. Got a problem with that? My fun is not contingent on there being 300 or 800 or 1200 other people on the same server.

You've seemed a little unhappy with P99 ever since your favorite guild folded up. I don't blame you. In a sense I'm a little jealous....in ten years here I've never found a guild that I cared about enough to be unhappy with it closing.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-18-2019 at 04:58 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Try blue server
Old 11-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Well then there is the whole GReen will be blue eventually thing. It all works out.

Master Plan 300 IQ Executed.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try blue server
It’s official. Blue is the new red.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingurs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well then there is the whole GReen will be blue eventually thing. It all works out.

Master Plan 300 IQ Executed.
Maybe. With the population numbers the way they are that would be a catastrophic mistake not to mention a couple of decisions seem to have been made like allowing the same name to be used on blue and green as long as it's the same account that would preclude this making it difficult if not impossible to roll the servers together.

If I was a betting man I wouldn't even give it a 50-50 chance of happening
Old 11-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

consider red
Old 11-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe. With the population numbers the way they are that would be a catastrophic mistake not to mention a couple of decisions seem to have been made like allowing the same name to be used on blue and green as long as it's the same account that would preclude this making it difficult if not impossible to roll the servers together.

If I was a betting man I wouldn't even give it a 50-50 chance of happening
Technical naming issues aside how would it be a mistake? Green will eventually die down to Blue's old population of about 1200 and who knows where blue is. End of time line they have the option of having 2 rot servers or 1, and splitting up the end of time line servers will just split the community. If blue doesn't get to red levels of population there is *no* reason not to merge them.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technical naming issues aside how would it be a mistake? Green will eventually die down to Blue's old population of about 1200 and who knows where blue is. End of time line they have the option of having 2 rot servers or 1, and splitting up the end of time line servers will just split the community. If blue doesn't get to red levels of population there is *no* reason not to merge them.
If all of those things happen sure, but there's an old saying about "if". Today, Green and Teal are ok during the week and completely overpopulated on weekends. What if more people join as time goes on? I will play Teal alot more as it gets closer to Kunark, not a fan of this era in the first place but it gets a lot better post temple of solro, what if there are a couple hundred that feel like me? Then you'd need another server split, 1k (at peak) is about the max original eq has content for. We have no idea what the future holds, i don't think as many will leave as you do so I wouldn't even give it a 50% chance of happening simply because it would put too many active players on a server.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the blue exodus has begun. 0 reason to play on the beta anymore and more will realize this.
This is hyperbole and short-sighted, Merkk.

People will leave these "full/classic" Green/Teal servers or even quit P99 entirely once they realize what they thought would deliver the ultimate Everquest experience has let them down. Raiding on Green and Teal will make raiding on Blue look like child's play. The top guild will ruthlessly crush everyone else and most people will not get an epic within these servers' fully-known timeline. Even without taking raiding into consideration, the competition for legacy items such as Manastones, Guises, and Thex Daggers has in just a few weeks demonstrated that the magic of classic Everquest can never be fully recreated. This is through no fault of the Project's devs, but rather due to the age of the game and circumstances of the project in its decade-long existence. The anticlimax of Green and Teal will hit and it will hit hard.

This isn't 1999 and it never will be again. This isn't 2009 and it never will be again.

To the thread topic, I'm grateful for DaP and have given y'all a lot of business over the years. Cheers guys.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

I agree, thank you DaP!
Closed Thread