Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanters make excellent one-time big plat purchase characters since they get a pet at level 1 with a vendor reagent. Then you just keep a trade open with your pet holding all the plat, which will completely remove the weight from your character.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:10 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know if this trick was patched out of green but what you can do is, take the money out of the bank. Open a trade window with an npc, and put the money there. DO NOT HIT GIVE. It takes it out of your inventory for weight purposes. Then just hit cancel before zoning.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't strictly need that haste on a monk, you're a puller first and DPS quite second if not third after maybe tanking a mob here and there. You can get a swirlspine for half as much and still out dps many rogues on this server. Better yet join like any raid guild and just show up for phinny til you get a free swirlspine.
I can play only when my son’s asleep. He naps every day, but in bursts of 45min-2hours at a time, with no predictability.

I originally made a monk because I like pulling, but my need to be able to bail on a group with no notice makes joining one seem unfair. I tried being upfront with folks back in my 20’s. People seemed cool and understanding, but it still felt shitty to be like, “woops, rep here or not I gotta go GL!” Whenever I heard the crying start.

So now I solo. So I kinda need the haste. And for related reasons, I’m not likely to go raiding anytime soon. So: FBSS
Old 06-14-2020, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't strictly need that haste on a monk, you're a puller first and DPS quite second if not third after maybe tanking a mob here and there. You can get a swirlspine for half as much and still out dps many rogues on this server. Better yet join like any raid guild and just show up for phinny til you get a free swirlspine.
I mean there's a lot of prolific posters on P99 forums that say silly things, but this is the first time I've ever heard "puller first, DPS second" about a Monk. Not gonna dig in to you dude I understand the logic but I also wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is what nubs are going around saying after 10 years of P99.

Once a camp is broken up you really don't need FD anymore. Also, in my time on Green I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of times I have even played with a Monk, and none of them could "pull" worth a damn. Lots of classes can "pull." My cleric and wizard do it all the time, and very well. Way better than any Monk I've run into. A pull with just a couple casters is very very dangerous for a Monk.

Monk is DPS first. In Kunark they become very powerful. It's also really the only pure melee that can viably solo. If you're saving the money dude get the FBSS. That 5% slower haste or whatever from the Swirlspine adds up to an immeasurable amount of damage you aren't doing, which is an immeasurable amount more damage youll be taking.

Also in Kunark you won't be able to afford a better droppable haste item, also one won't drop for a while. The FBSS price is going down so haggle lower than 15k, you can do it

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 06-14-2020 at 08:31 AM..
Old 06-14-2020, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Sky just round the corner gonna make that fbss far less desirable for melee in their 40s. Make sure you get good use out of it, they won’t be worth 15k forever.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sky just round the corner gonna make that fbss far less desirable for melee in their 40s. Make sure you get good use out of it, they won’t be worth 15k forever.
Yeah, the price changes over time, and will likely drop a lot two months from now. Thanks for your contribution here.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't be paying 15k for a FBSS.
Agree with this. In 3 months it’s no longer going to cost this much. People paying huge prices for things that are about to no longer be as good (and knowing that they won’t be as good in that time) and their price is gonna go down is the definition of stupidity. Unless you’re trying to like raid gear a character right this second there is really no need to buy any item like that right now. Wait a couple months, it will be much cheaper when Kunark hits and you can save a bunch of money.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree with this. In 3 months it’s no longer going to cost this much. People paying huge prices for things that are about to no longer be as good (and knowing that they won’t be as good in that time) and their price is gonna go down is the definition of stupidity. Unless you’re trying to like raid gear a character right this second there is really no need to buy any item like that right now. Wait a couple months, it will be much cheaper when Kunark hits and you can save a bunch of money.
Thanks for your input. I don't know what my schedule will be like in months, and I enjoy playing my main character right now. If I have the fake money, why is it the "definition of stupidity" to use that fake money to get an item that increases my enjoyment of the game now, when I know I can play?

Sitting on the fake money for months brings me no joy. Spending the fake money on like a few more pieces of classic era +5 STA gear doesn't help me either. But getting a huge boost to DPS and push so I can solo in new and interesting places...does.
Last edited by jadier; 06-14-2020 at 11:43 AM..
Old 06-14-2020, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

You guys do realize it’s a video game and not real life! the amount of money management some people put into games is kind of hilarious , I’m sure a lot of people with their millions of plat on blue are loving that .. unless they rmt’n
Old 06-14-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for your input. I don't know what my schedule will be like in months, and I enjoy playing my main character right now. If I have the fake money, why is it the "definition of stupidity" to use that fake money to get an item that increases my enjoyment of the game now, when I know I can play?

Sitting on the fake money for months brings me no joy. Spending the fake money on like a few more pieces of classic era +5 STA gear doesn't help me either. But getting a huge boost to DPS and push so I can solo in new and interesting places...does.
Easy answer here is a lot of 20 year old elf sim players can only see the game in 1's and 0's and cant quantify the real world into their equations. Especially the younger/mom basement crew.