Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Default Has anyone soloed Khelkar Icepaw in Velks?

I gave this a shot as a 60 enchanter, but ran out of mana when he was at 48%. I was wondering if anyone else has been able to pull this off (and how you did it).
Old 07-04-2017, 01:36 AM
Sarnak

Yes. Rapture and slow and he fight is easy
Old 07-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Rapture and slow and he fight is easy
Hmm. That's how I started my attempt and he still torched my champion pet. Then I couldn't get the slow refresh to land once I had him on the second pet. There must be more to it than that.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty much a waste of time attempting him solo IMO. You'll fail most of the time to resists. Bring a shaman or a cleric and just kill him, unless you want the checkmark, in which case given enough attempts (maybe dozens) you'll eventually solo him if RNG cooperates a ton.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

I've already duoed him with another enchanter. That wasn't too bad. I'm just looking for the check mark.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Dictate him to give him -mr gear, blur, then try to fight him? Does he quad already? If not then clearly don't give a time, but for sure two rings and a shoulder. Not sure how much it would help.

Does giving a 2h to a mob that quads innately cause it to stop quadding?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-04-2017 at 10:16 AM..
Old 07-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Did you have tola robe and cheap ac gear (banded?) on your pet? Just trying to think of little extra edges you might be able to get on him.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dictate him to give him -mr gear, blur, then try to fight him? Does he quad already? If not then clearly don't give a time, but for sure two rings and a shoulder. Not sure how much it would help.

Does giving a 2h to a mob that quads innately cause it to stop quadding?
I thought about this idea, too. The problem is, he's lvl 59 and dictate only works on mobs up to lvl 58 (according to the wiki). I haven't actually tested this to see if the wiki is correct on both accounts, but I plan to. If dictate lands, I was also thinking of having him fight the four mobs in his room until he's almost dead. Then blur the mobs, break charm, charm something else, and kill him.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you have tola robe and cheap ac gear (banded?) on your pet? Just trying to think of little extra edges you might be able to get on him.
Even with a tola robe, I think the first pet would die. So bye bye tola robe. I could always use a SoulFire or Reaper, but that just feels too much like cheating. No offense, Tecmos. I know you used a Reaper on a couple of your solo artist kills. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Lol. No offense taken. I know it's cheesy stuff.

Some people swear that a set of banded/bronze/whatever really toughens up a charm. And they'll only cost 150pp or something.
Closed Thread