Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Default Treeform appears as a half-submerged human

I believe this occurs as a visual discrepancy for clients that were out of zone when a druid casts treeform. To those people, the druid will appear as a human with his head sticking out of the ground. The caster's client will appear as a normal tree (usually*... halflings sometimes just get large). I haven't taken a screenshot of it myself, but multiple people have come by and asked me what I'm doing in the ground.

I'll try to secure a screenshot from a second client.... This will occur pretty frequently as druid seems to be a popular class, and everyone with a manastone is gonna be sitting around with treeform on.
Last edited by bubur; 10-20-2019 at 01:29 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quick test: treeformed, then the ogre in picture zoned in and took screenshots of me.
My client: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (big halfling effect, this happens when there are no trees in the area I think?)
Their client: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Barely visible but my I'm a human sitting below the ground on his client.
Their client2: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When I stand you can see I'm a human fully rendered in my current gear on the second player's client. FYI my race is halfling.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

If I treeform right in front of him, our clients are synced (we see the same thing). If I, treeformed, stay put, and he zones out and in, he sees a half-sunk human again.

I tested this same procedure with wolf form. I become a very small wolf on his screen after he zones in and wolf form is already active (on a halfling). I don't have a guise so I can't test that.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by bubur; 10-20-2019 at 02:09 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Orc

Can confirm this bug occurred for me (sometimes) yesterday, 10/28/19.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:28 PM
Aviak

I can test with a guise. All i need is one dropped into my inventory. I'll be waiting around West Karana. If a GM just wants to add that to my inventory so i can test.
Closed Thread