Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My duo partner and I make dumb bets where the loser has to help camp some god forsaken item that's usually incredibly time consuming but not even usable. Occasionally involving posting dumb troll threads with specific page numbers or staff posts required. I bet him I could make a RnF post that went 10 pages in 24 hrs.
so, you have combat experience and this is how you play EQ. I smell a masochist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She did more than preside, that [expletive] was the driving force for EQ2, along with most of the design ideas in EQ2 till it bombed like 6 months- year later then she came back to EQ1 and helped drive that into the dirt because she is a corporate shill hiding as a game designer

Edit-

My duo partner and I make dumb bets where the loser has to help camp some god forsaken item that's usually incredibly time consuming but not even usable. Occasionally involving posting dumb troll threads with specific page numbers or staff posts required. I bet him I could make a RnF post that went 10 pages in 24 hrs.
You sound upset.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:15 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah I don't know what an executive producer is in the game business i know in the movie business it's an interfering asshole that rounds up other interfering assholes
Not that it matters since he's banned, but if anyone else was curious;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUkcz2taCiw

Basically, the easiest/hardest job to get (no actual talent required/lots of competition), but also very easy to screw up. Most bad games are because of a producer with zero understanding of what makes a game entertaining - a lot of them probably don't even play games, so kind of like marketing hires, and marketing has a firm control over the business these days since that's where the money will come from. A game that can reach and sell to the widest audience is better than a game that appeals to that niche crowd (at least to them, and that's what will get the most pats on the back at the end of it all). This is why crowdfunding is becoming so successful for the more hardcore gaming crowd, because it's usually not about the money.
Last edited by Madae; 03-09-2020 at 10:29 PM..
Old 03-09-2020, 11:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

Holly Longdale wasn't responsible for killing EQ2, ask anyone who worked there and they'll tell you it was Ponytail (Dave Georgeson) - he pushed all of the bad decisions. Holly and the remainders of the old dev team (Prathun, Ngreth etc.) truly care about the game and have been part of it for years.

There's a lot of technical debt involving the EQ games from what I have heard.

They can't just use EQEmu like most can; they have to use the software they've designed for the game. It wasn't until Jennifer Chan, Klanderso, niente etc, came on board that they started to make awesome QOL changes to the game that were desperately needed.

And now JChan is captain of the ship. So that's rad!

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-09-2020, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

TIL It's Darkpaw Games now, not Daybreak any longer?
Old 03-10-2020, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Why is everyone so savage to each other on this forum lmao
Old 03-10-2020, 12:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but it's not in my power to stop now lol
Old 03-10-2020, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Holly Windstalker is a babe.

I hope her IRL character does well in the future to come.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak to Darkpaws

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2020, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Now I am even more confused. When you go to the Daybreak Games website, EverQuest is listed as one of their games. When you go to the Darkpaw Games website, Everquest is also listed as one of their games.
Closed Thread