Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Default Gaming fo free

for lockdown entertainment on a budget, I will share my techniques to the elf world.

Epic: gives away free-to-keep games that change every Thursday - https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games; this week: Deponia, Pillars of Earth, The First Tree; next week Alien Isolation and Hand of Fate 2. tbh not terrible, and every once in a while there's a nice surprise

Indiegala: for fans of indie titles, they have a freebie section that gets updated all of the time; not always quality but fun to look - https://freebies.indiegala.com/

Steam: this handy website lets you sort by % off for a quick-scan on what's been made free-to-keep or just heavily discounted at any given time. also sortable by rating - https://steamdb.info/sales/

Humble Bundle: obvious, but in particular the best catches are during 'Build Your Own Bundle' deals where titles go up to 90% off if you take a handful of them. none ongoing at the moment aside from the regular HB things - https://www.humblebundle.com/

Reddit: has a sub for sharing deals across all sites, including a bunch of off-brand marketplaces that have the occasional gem - https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/

any other 99%'ers/shovelware scavengers out there got tips? even if you drive a lambo, sometimes a little free lunch can help you discover something you wouldn't have tried otherwise
Old 04-17-2021, 02:43 AM
Banned

You can also use your GPU to mine crypto and pay for your video games, internet bills, gym membership, etc
Old 04-17-2021, 09:24 AM
Banned

You should check out Project 1999.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can also use your GPU to mine crypto and pay for your video games, internet bills, gym membership, etc
how bout power bill tho

curious honestly, if you mine on a normal average rig, would you make more than a fraction of a dollar a day?

seems like it wouldn't be worth the dust it collects but could be wrong
Old 04-17-2021, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it aint bad. i come and go
Old 04-17-2021, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so we can play with nazi neckbeards?

Hell Let Loose: kill nazis. much better.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Brainwashed to fantasize about murder
Old 04-17-2021, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

I have bought hundreds of games via the package deals on humble bundle. Books and software as well recently. Getting a heap of content and helping a charity is amazing. Being able to pick the charity I want to support is even better.

Be mindful that epic software may be spyware, in the same vein that discord is spyware.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how bout power bill tho

curious honestly, if you mine on a normal average rig, would you make more than a fraction of a dollar a day?

seems like it wouldn't be worth the dust it collects but could be wrong
No.... the idea that mining takes a lot of electricity is because of ASIC miners and billion dollar operations churning entire warehouses filled with thousands of cards/ASICS into mining bitcoin

A single GPU use less than a light bulb... could easily pay for your entire electric bill and have money left over
Old 04-17-2021, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brainwashed to fantasize about murder
in a typical game of hell let loose, because i suck a lot, i get to shoot down six germans. or six americans whatever.

to get from level 1 to 60, you've murdered an entire species six times over. calm down.
we playing video games brother.

and shooting nazis in a wold war 2 sim is a lot of fun.
relax we just talking about a video game why you melting?