Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Epic enables 2 hand bash, so if you're using a 2 hander, dropping in epic to interrupt is easier than dropping in a 1 hander and a shield

Might not need to worry about it if you're an inferior race like troll or ogre tho.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The proc shines when soloing and farming content, but it's still very decent for group content especially duos and trios which are more common now on blue. It isn't even bad on raids versus AEs, to prevent low HP aggro. And it rarely ever sees a resist, even on those raid targets. Plus it fills a buff slot, potentially taking a dispel instead of the substantial buffs you have to ask other classes for. But forgetting all of that, if 1.5s are ever added, and I've seen a player wielding Innoruuk's Voice on blue, than there's another reason to get it.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shroud_of_Death
1.5's will never happen on blue and if they do, there is an easy prequest.

Anyhow, that trickle of healing does practically nothing. If AOE'S are that big of a problem, you use wort pots.

And the only time the epic would be even remotely useful in a duo/trio would be if there is literally no healing.

Rocksmasher is just that much better than the epic.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.5's will never happen on blue and if they do, there is an easy prequest.

Anyhow, that trickle of healing does practically nothing. If AOE'S are that big of a problem, you use wort pots.

And the only time the epic would be even remotely useful in a duo/trio would be if there is literally no healing.

I wouldn’t really call it a trickle. I’ve been using it on my SK since 50 and it averages probably 500-900 hp healed per fight (the proc can actually tick an additional time).
Old 08-10-2021, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.5's will never happen on blue
Source?

Quote:
and if they do, there is an easy prequest.
On live. This isn't live.

Quote:
Anyhow, that trickle of healing does practically nothing.
Trickle? How much HP does your SK have?

Quote:
If AOE'S are that big of a problem, you use wort pots.
Why waste pots on ToV trash?

Quote:
The proc can act as a counter to heavy dots and helps when FD fails while mobs are beating on you; remain facing the clusterfuck for riposte procs, then FD again and watch health tick back up. Sometimes that means not having to get back in range of heals, so the pull time is shortened. The proc is also useful in duos/trios lacking a reliable means to interrupt nukes. HP bar is less spikey as a result, making the job easier on the healer. Also, if the healer is asleep at the wheel or has an emergency AFK, you aren't reliant on lifetaps alone to stay in the fight.

Quote:
It's better DPS and potentially opens up another slot for more raw HP, no arguments there.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-10-2021 at 10:37 PM..
Old 08-10-2021, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=309392
Old 08-11-2021, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

You seem to have a very poor understanding of game mechanics.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
What a provocatively douchie comment. How about contributing something to the community rather than slathering your vitriol all over the forums?
Old 08-11-2021, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The thing is, you aren't just saying that to me but to the majority of posters in the thread linked above. This is a strange hill to die on, or mountain to push a boulder up, but go ahead. At least explain why you're king of the hill though. You answered none of the questions I asked and instead tried to be inflammatory which adds nothing to the conversation except in RNF or in Norrath, role-playing as a Shadow Knight.

Another takeaway from the linked thread...

SKs pull, or at the very least assist with pulling. Rocksmasher has no resists, Innoruuk's Curse has plenty. Resists are necessary. They can't be overemphasized. You can never have enough of them. It also has 2H bash, which means if you're pulling a caster and it's casting on you, there's the opportunity to run back and bash interrupt the ice comet or whatever, without swapping weapons.

As others have said, the epic is a well-rounded weapon for survivability. It complements vampiric embrace/shroud of death (small procs), but it isn't the best for any one thing other than regaining health. Rocksmasher is a DPS weapon with stats that tanks need. It even has AC, which the epic lacks, but again no resists which are high on the list for pullers and the SK spellbook doesn't offer great resists like the paladin's. Granted, there are PoM flowers, along with a plethora of shields and one-handers to swap out to for resists, but that's another conversation.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-11-2021 at 09:37 AM..
Old 08-11-2021, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

I’d always want the epic even if it’s one of many weapons. This is a time locked server and I still got my IC on live via Luclin when it wasn’t very good. Primarily I used it for jousting, pulling, fashion, and bashing with skelly illusion since you lose slam.

In this era it provides a bit of healing on raids and a lot for group content. Knights often are seen self sufficient for AoE damage (even if it means burning worts on some stuff). You should get Druid heals or torp if lucky but being able to top off hps is often better than eeking out every last dps. White damage the epic is quite a bit lower ( 20%-30% I expect, more if you can’t cap haste without the Rocksmasher). The dot though while rolling is 50/tick so that’s 8dps added that the parser won’t pick up. 8dps is pretty massive even if it’s not always up.

The fact kunark epics stand up so well still is a testament they were making an effort to balance up to where p99 cuts off. Can’t say much past that but that’s why they started doing 1.5/2.0 quests I guess.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Based.

That is how this is done? Exhilarating.

Regards,
Closed Thread