Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 02:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesocyclone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy You're not gonna hurt me, are you? Nooo, I'm not gonna hurt ya honey. I'm just gonna bash your face in!
One time when I was working electronics retail I was sent to another store to help out because they thought that they had 2 call outs. But both employees showed. There was nothing for me to do. For 6 hours. So I sat at a desk and wrote “ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES [my name] A DULL BOY” like a hundred+ times. I remember it was like 5 sheets of paper. The manager eventually came by and was like WTF are you doing…

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is nice thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

amélie is my favorite film of all time. any scene holds a great deal of significance to me, but this one is special. she finds this box of random toys and things in her apartment. clearly they used to belong to a child several decades ago. she makes it her mission to bring the box of treasures back to their owner. it takes some doing, but she eventually tracks down the person they all used to belong to.

that starts the scene.

idk if anyone here cares about mbti or enneagram or w/e, but amélie is one famous representation of my personality type. you'll notice that she is too shy to even answer the guy when he asks a yes or no question, but before he noticed her she was watching him very intently. and she put so much work into tracking him down and coming up with a ridiculous payphone trap to get him to find the treasures.

i love her so, so much. she lives more in fantasy than reality, and she loves people even though she is sort of terrified of them. maybe it's dumb but i relate so hard with amélie and she will forever hold a place in my heart.
I remember my grandmother only insisted that I watch 2 movies she knew about in my life

One was The Secret Garden

And the other was this movie

Loved em both. Did not expect to! But blown away by both
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-08-2021 at 03:00 AM..
Old 09-08-2021, 02:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried there's just not a good concise video of the whole ending. And it needs all the context of the rest of the movie. But you should never see that movie because it's the saddest thing ever.

It's basically an allegory for how you can forget about all your childhood dreams because they were all illusions, and will never come true, and you have to accept it. But otherwise it's a great kid's movie.
This movie flew under my radar definitely, will have to track that scene or the movie down

Which reminds me, too late to edit now but I shoulda put SPOILER WARNING in the title

I don’t mind spoilers personally so spoil away
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-08-2021 at 03:01 AM..
Old 09-08-2021, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Old 09-08-2021, 03:04 AM
Banned

Diggin them outfits and weapons
Old 09-08-2021, 03:53 AM
Planar Protector

So much good stuff in this scene, the music, the slow-motion, the fade into what's about to turn Sarah's life upside down forever ^^

Old 09-08-2021, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Old 09-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Thread winner.

Last edited by Mblake1981; 09-08-2021 at 09:22 AM..
Old 09-08-2021, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

"hang on in there!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Diggin them outfits and weapons
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-08-2021 at 10:20 AM..
Old 09-08-2021, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Old 09-08-2021, 11:39 AM
Banned

Closed Thread