Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Default When and how mobs flee...not classic?

Have been spending a fair amount of time in UGuk and mobs don't seem to flee until they are almost dead and then at a fairly slow pace.

My recollection from classic is that one of the things that made guk so dangerous was runners. I remember them taking off like a shot when they started getting low.

I'm not saying this only happens in guk either, it is just something I have generally noticed.

Thoughts?
Old 11-28-2019, 09:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have been spending a fair amount of time in UGuk and mobs don't seem to flee until they are almost dead and then at a fairly slow pace.

My recollection from classic is that one of the things that made guk so dangerous was runners. I remember them taking off like a shot when they started getting low.

I'm not saying this only happens in guk either, it is just something I have generally noticed.

Thoughts?
Factors involved include comparisons to both ones own level and hp relative to the mob, or so it seems.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:01 AM
Aviak

Yeah, on live there were plenty of places if you didn’t have a snarer, you just didn’t bother hunting there. On p99, it’s entirely optional. Sometimes things don’t run that should. And when they do run, it’s at such a low hp % that they usually won’t cause any trouble because they’re slow and don’t live much longer anyway.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, on live there were plenty of places if you didn’t have a snarer, you just didn’t bother hunting there. On p99, it’s entirely optional. Sometimes things don’t run that should. And when they do run, it’s at such a low hp % that they usually won’t cause any trouble because they’re slow and don’t live much longer anyway.
To give an example, if you are of an equal or lesser level and both are on low hp percentages THEN it is less likely to run. Of course, if you are fighting more then it will also be less likely to run I believe.

There are quite a few differences from classic elsewhere too and some significant ones at that.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Just noticed this today in Uguk. The frogs don't seem to run when they normally should (below, what, about 20% health? 30%?. It's more like <10%, which seems off compared to when every other mob that would normally run decides to run).

Was very odd.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Aviak

I just wanna know why spectres in oasis flee, when they shouldn’t
Old 11-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

that ocean does strange things to a man
Old 11-28-2019, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Different NPCs flee at different health percentages.
Just how low are you talking OP? 9%?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:18 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Different NPCs flee at different health percentages.
Just how low are you talking OP? 9%?
Its very random. I noticed as well, it's pretty obvious in guk. It looks like the check does not take into account LOS and "shout" range which was how it was on live, especially in classic were runners were a real thing.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Mobs also won't flee if social mobs are close by, even through walls
Closed Thread