Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 05:54 AM
Orc

Default Lull really this Worthless For Wis Classes

Are Wis classes lull line suppose to be this worthless, on my pally with over 100 Cha my lull line spells get resisted 90% of the time on mobs that would give me exp (light blue and up) and 80% of those resists are critical which results in pulling the mob and all his friends.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:07 AM
Banned

yes, this is primarly a chanter spell and cleric/pally lull's are last resort resisting 8 times until you get the 9th critical resist. almost every time until later progression into kunark.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

For clerics...it is AMAZING since they also have mem blur....so if they ever get in trouble, they can lul them mem blur their way out of it.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:49 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah its frustrating. Everyone thinks cause my paladin has lull that I should be able to single pull all day long! Yet a good 75% of the time I get resisted and bring the whole room. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-27-2019, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

if you put 25cha/5wis and go for charisma gear instead of wis gear, you'll be able to lull pull easily and also have more mana because you won't be burning it on adds.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you put 25cha/5wis and go for charisma gear instead of wis gear, you'll be able to lull pull easily and also have more mana because you won't be burning it on adds.
Yeah maybe.... But is it classic that the crude stein, one item that was primarily made to help ogres compensate their lack of charisma while selling/buying to the merch, is one of the most overpowered items in the game ? I don't think so.

Many stats are completely fucked in p99.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:14 AM
Sarnak

on paladins and clerics, lull is supposed to be used to pull thru locked doors and around corners = youre using it incorrectly
Old 11-27-2019, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are Wis classes lull line suppose to be this worthless, on my pally with over 100 Cha my lull line spells get resisted 90% of the time on mobs that would give me exp (light blue and up) and 80% of those resists are critical which results in pulling the mob and all his friends.
A 100 charisma paladin encumbered with bronze by any chance? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind, CHA only affects the critical resist and not lull resist in general. The issue with it in green / teal is that at a lower level, even blues are much closer to your level than when youre 50+
Old 11-27-2019, 09:53 AM
Kobold

Personally I don't remember lull having anything close this many crit resists on live. I do remember getting a fair number of resists on high blues and above (not on greens though like here). The thing is I was NEVER worried about a critical resist on live, I would chain that shit like crazy until it stuck.

Here I'm lucky to go 8-10 before a critical resist and often hit a critical resist the first cast. (140cha enchanter on teal, 190+ on blue btw). Critical resists happen enough that it makes it hard to ever justify splitting big camps with it.

Of course I have no proof of this, but I do remember myself and other enchanters pulling a ton with it on live. It's sort of like fizzles and gate collapses here, they seem amped up, sure it happened on live, but once in awhile for gate (not like every 4th cast here) and fizzles were a thing for new spells or low skill in that spell type. Here I fizzle on things 8, 12, 16 levels old and fairly often. Again no proof just feels but it seems excessive here for everything that hurts the PC
Closed Thread