Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Default Teal is failed - why are you doing this to us

Level 40+ on Green is an absolute ghost land outside of HHK, I'm sure teal is the exact same way. The servers are running at like 300-600 people... Blue was successful because it had an awesome population and the Norrath felt full. If you don't merge the servers soon you are going to do permanent damage to the player base because its just shedding people by droves at this point.

Cool idea for two servers, it didn't work out well, merge back into Green please
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-08-2020, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Consider blue
Old 01-08-2020, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

I would rather ass chug gasoline than log into Blue
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-08-2020, 02:05 AM
Aviak

All the money camps are already camped damn near 24/7 on Teal. Would be even worse if they merged. Exp spots are pretty open(except for HHK nobles/bards, which is permacamped pretty much), but you need to form your own groups typically rather than just throwing up LFG.

Then there's raiding. Contested FGs 3 times a day? Contested Phinny twice a day? Like 6 guilds contesting every dragon? I'll pass.

I hope they don't merge until Kunark at the earliest.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the money camps are already camped damn near 24/7 on Teal. Would be even worse if they merged. Exp spots are pretty open(except for HHK nobles/bards, which is permacamped pretty much), but you need to form your own groups typically rather than just throwing up LFG.

Then there's raiding. Contested FGs 3 times a day? Contested Phinny twice a day? Like 6 guilds contesting every dragon? I'll pass.

I hope they don't merge until Kunark at the earliest.
That's the very reason they should merge the servers now

The lack of competition has allowed to 2 guilds to monopolize all the end game content when they should be competing with each other for it
Old 01-08-2020, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

The cash camps are going to be duo'd by an enchanter and a cleric 24/7 even if the server population was 25, so IMO that's a stupid reason to not merge. Let the neckbeards occupy LGuk and let the rest of the population group together in harmony.
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-08-2020, 02:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the very reason they should merge the servers now

The lack of competition has allowed to 2 guilds to monopolize all the end game content when they should be competing with each other for it
I don't know how much competition there is for Seal Team on Green, but Black Lotus and Lineage have contested Kingdom on last two Vox, last Phinny, and numerous times for Fire Giants.

So that's already 3 guilds that would be contesting targets. Then add in Steal Team plus who ever is contesting them on Green into the mix and it'd be a cluster fuck with so few targets to go after.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:24 AM
Aviak

As for leveling you'd just go from having trouble finding groups cause no one is LFG or looking for more people for their group in 40+ zones to all the 40+ zones being crowded and not being able to find groups cause everything is camped.

At least now you can form your own group and go somewhere to XP fairly easily.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know how much competition there is for Seal Team on Green, but Black Lotus and Lineage have contested Kingdom on last two Vox, last Phinny, and numerous times for Fire Giants.

So that's already 3 guilds that would be contesting targets. Then add in Steal Team plus who ever is contesting them on Green into the mix and it'd be a cluster fuck with so few targets to go after.
Competition over content is what has always made Everquest a unique game that is different than any other mainstream MMO

It's the competition that creates a game within the game. Players essentially create their own content through social interaction fueled by competition. Rivalries will emerge. Alliances. Reputations will be forged

The planes are literally right around the corner which will open up more content. Maybe if the economies merge we can finally see some stability there as well
Old 01-08-2020, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 40+ on Green is an absolute ghost land outside of HHK, I'm sure teal is the exact same way.
You may be sure, but you are sure wrong.
Closed Thread