Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Default The Dream of an Affordable Ranger Twink

Howdy y'all. I'll cut to the chase; how much money will it take to twink a ranger up? I currently have a 41 enchanter, and i've been having a great time multitasking this game on money spots that give any amount of exp. (i milked the sister's island in OOT until i couldn't get any more experience from them, and bought myself Jboots; one of many childhood dreams achieved. I love clickies!)

These days i'm charm soloing halfling guards for their spears. Deputy Budo is quite the force to be reckoned with! All this enchanting is making me thirst for the fun of those nice big melee numbers, however. I already bought a Silver Switftblade and a Runed Oak Bow, still hunting for that Springwood Stave until i can somehow haggle down the price of a Woodsman Staff.

So i have weapons covered, as far as i can tell. Any more helpful suggestions that don't cost over 2k would be well-received.

What's an approximate amount of platinum i should expect to spend on a twinking adventure for a ranger? just so i'm decent, i don't have infinite platinum reserves, although i sort of do, it will just take a loooong time.

And just to pre-emptively strike at the statement, I am going to be a ranger for roleplaying purposes, as well as snaring the hell out of everything. I really like the druid line of spells, and what better time to play a hybrid than when the hybrid penalty is removed?

Thanks for whatever suggestions you have!
Old 11-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Twinking a ranger isn't so much an input of platinum as it is effort. At lower levels, you're fine with a fungi, some good ratio weps and ivy etched/star jewelry in other slots. By the time you hit 46, you'll need to quest your clickable sky haste cloak and farm a fayguard parrying dagger (9/17) from HS. Its the best ratio weapon you can easily get a hold of before epics, though velious may shake things up a bit.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Kobold

ahh, okay. I just met a 19 ranger today who happened to be sitting in a full set of Ry'Garr chainmail. He taught me about the Green Jade Broadsword and the Sarnak Skullsplitter, both very affordable weapons...

Being somewhat seasoned, I think i'll be fine with just setting up some nice ratio weapons and letting that ranger earn her own armor. Of course uncle enchanter will help with some of the more expensive things =)

I'll ask some guildies (im not in a guild yet) about how to go about with that clickable sky haste cloak. I never made it into planar gear on live, i was too young and unaware of the power that a community brings.

Here's a solid question: What are my options for wearable haste? FBSS is 6k it looks like, dragonborn is 7k? What's the cheapest haste thing out there that i should keep an eye out for?
Old 11-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Kobold

silver chitin hand wraps: 5k
Old 11-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

SCHW Has stats, so that's always a plus and let's you put something like a TBB on your waist slot for more strength.

The ranger sky cloak requires a drop from Keeper of Souls and a few earlier islands.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 11-24-2015, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

`At lower levels, you're fine with a fungi,`

/facepalm

so indicative of the spoilt brats running around on this server.

Its clear from the OP that the lad doesnt have that sort of dosh to twink with.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 11-25-2015, 12:30 AM
Kobold

yeaaaaah i wasn't really gonna comment on the fungi remark. Just taking whats useful and moving right along lol
Old 11-25-2015, 06:57 AM
Kobold

Usual +55 hp rings are always a safe 500p investment for a new melee.
Orc fang earrings from ry'gorrs should also be cheap and decent.

Dwarven work boots, mithril legs and arms are much cheaper since Velious. They should be around 250p, 900p and 1k respectively.
I would prioritize a haste item though.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Kobold

cool, Fanguru. that's more along the lines of my budget, that 19 ranger i met actually did mention the mithril armor. I had forgotten about the +55hp earrings. Thanks!
Old 11-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

It's 55hp for the fingers, orc fang earrings are a separate (but also nice item).
Closed Thread