Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

Default How important is Warrior epic in Velious?

Trying to decide how important these weapons are given the options available in Velious. Are there more important items that should be focused on since there are a lot of good aggro weapons available in Velious? The stats and resists are nice.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

I know a lot of Warriors who like getting the epic just to carry around two light sabers but getting all the items for the epic is another story.

If you are in a guild that raids a lot then getting the items should be no problem. Otherwise, you can do better...
Old 07-21-2019, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are in a guild that raids a lot then getting the items should be no problem. Otherwise, you can do better...
I actually disagree with this. The best weapons in velious will be only/most available to the top raiding guilds. Epics are better than most stuff you could get outside of one of the major guilds. Also, epics on warrior are no joke. Red epic (primary hand) is arguably one of the best aggro weaps for a war. So even the best equipped warriors still use it.

So, I would say if you are capable of getting the warrior epic, do it. Although it is is a tough quest.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know a lot of Warriors who like getting the epic just to carry around two light sabers but getting all the items for the epic is another story.

How do you do better. Save up 1 million plat and MAYBE secure loot rights in VP/ToV? Sounds easy to do doesn't it.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Since willsapper aggro nerf its probably one of the best or the best aggro weapons outside of wtov/ntov loot for warrior. The resists are also nice bonus.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Good thing aggro is based on clickies for raid encounters
Old 07-21-2019, 11:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you do better. Save up 1 million plat and MAYBE secure loot rights in VP/ToV? Sounds easy to do doesn't it.
It's the same question as how do you do a Warrior epic all by yourself? Take the 1 million platinum and buy help?

Lots of guilds do sell the loot rights to No Drop weapons and for decent prices at that...
Old 07-22-2019, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Or you know, be in a guild that does that content and get it in a month after you have DKP?
Old 07-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Warrior epic isn't critical. It's nice. Difference in aggro generation between it and the common infestation/frostbringer combo is not particularly significant. Warriors can and do tank for virtually all the game's content up to temple veeshan with such weapons. Most people who obtain the epic do so because they like the look, and that's as valid a reason as any to want it.

Danth
Old 07-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Isn't infestation better agro in primary?
Closed Thread