Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Aviak

Default Odd behaviour with Mistmoore spellcasters

I and other people I have grouped with have noticed that rarely casters inside the castle will hit you with a spell that will literally launch you a great distance when hit. I can't confirm and stabily duplicate this because of the risk of my characters life, but it seems that the massive launch back happens only when you are near a ledge/dropoff such as the castle entrance. Normaly, some of these spells will knock you back a SMALL distance as expected, but there is that rare chance that you will get launched.

For example, I was fighting at the CE by the ramp up and got hit with a spell which threw me across the pit and right next to the little cave, I would have gone much further but I hit a wall and then fell down. This is about the same level of push back as tentacle terrors.

Another oddity is the "stun" I get when pulling casters that land certain spells on you. A poison based dot with a mild initial hit damage will stop my movement for about a second after being it. I think other spells with direct damage and no stun component do this as well. The necro DOTs without initial damage do not hinder movement on impact at all. I'm not sure if this one is specific to MM, but I don't recal non stunning spells stopping a character's (or enemy NPC's) movement.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
For example, I was fighting at the CE by the ramp up and got hit with a spell which threw me across the pit and right next to the little cave, I would have gone much further but I hit a wall and then fell down. This is about the same level of push back as tentacle terrors.
If I recall I think this spell is Thunderstrike. It was one of the few wizard nukes that would knock you back. Not sure if the distance is correct or not on here. But that would be this spell.

No idea about the other one you're talking about tho.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I recall I think this spell is Thunderstrike. It was one of the few wizard nukes that would knock you back. Not sure if the distance is correct or not on here. But that would be this spell.

No idea about the other one you're talking about tho.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a thunder spell, there is a knockback of a very short distance, but the problem is when it happens near a ledge where you will end up falling from the knockback distance, you just get launched.

The second issue can easily be tested and verified. Just pull some casters in the castle out to the CE as per usual. Two NPC spells come to mind, Venom of the Snake, and I think Poison bolt. When hit, my character will briefly stop moving as if stunned which really messes up pulling. I can't recal the others though.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Banned

Venom of the snake and envomed bolt spells both have a small push associated, this is classic.

Thunderstrike will also send you flying by design.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Venom of the snake and envomed bolt spells both have a small push associated, this is classic.

Thunderstrike will also send you flying by design.
Well, that answers the question of the DOTS. The pushback is a pain in the ass with pulling because it seems to stop movement completely while you are running.

I'm going to start tanking the casters by a ledge again to confirm the massive pushback. It seems a little over the top to say the least.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Try being a caster vs a 34 necro in classic and VoS would interrupt you and nearly kill you outright.

Fun times on SZ.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

When leveling Thul in MM last week the casters in the valley would shoot me half the length of it when pulling them. So its not just ledges that you get smacked back a good distance. If there is room you will go far.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When leveling Thul in MM last week the casters in the valley would shoot me half the length of it when pulling them. So its not just ledges that you get smacked back a good distance. If there is room you will go far.
Do you think the distance matches up with classic? I only remember tentacle terrors even coming close to the absurdity of this spell.

Right now it's pull and pray with my low MR...