Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 02:18 AM
Banned

If the rewards were total shit anyway, why did the event need to be turned off at all? It could have run for a full day or hell, FOREVER, without causing any negative impact on the server economy.

I am not exaggerating at all when I say this was the worst GM event of any kind I have ever witnessed in 15 years of EQLive, EQMac, and p99. And that's saying a lot.

Putting this up on a holiday was just sadistic. I'm literally plumbing suicidal depths after blowing off family to get fucked by such utter incompetence on a holiday. What has my life become.
Large Bat

Default ill handled event

GMs and Staff,

The Halloween Event was a great idea and as I've been playing on the server all day, I was online when the event first started and immediately headed to Kith Woods with the rest of my guild (Dial a Port). After spending 3-4 hours of my evening, in pursuit of completing this quest and as a druid, helping many of folk in their efforts as well, I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

With much of the server populace engaging in the event with much zeal, we all rejoiced when Jeromey (sp?) was the first player on th server to complete the event. Soon after, a GM announced that the reward system was wrong as the rewards being handed out initially were common/rare, when they were intended to be rare only. Without an encouraging solution being offered in the announcement, people began to express subtle dismay as to whether completing the quest was going to be worth their time.

At this point, I had already received my Pumpkin Mask & Scarecrow Mask, I thought I was half way done and I might as well continue on to finish the quest. After gathering all components for the 3rd mask and heading to FoB for the hand-in, a GM named Brakan (sp?) announced across the server that the event was being called off and after zoning, any temporary/illusion effects would be removed, and only the final hand-in npcs would remain activated.

For any and all players that were not on the final stage of the event, their chances for a potential reward were immediately taken away from them - including many of those in my guild, friends as well as myself, where I spent 3-4 hours pursuing this quest and now I, like them, have absolutely nothing to show for it.

In summation, I think the initial idea/kick off for the event was great. The execution was lack luster at best, caused people to lose interest and even discouraged folks just logging on people from participating. However and the most disappointing aspect was the how the event was ultimately handled and closed so abruptly, forcing people to take a walk without anything to show for it.

That being said, I sure hope the GMs and Staff can assure the player community that future events will be handled more gracefully and with a better reward system.

Lastly, any possible mechanism for players to hand in the items they were able to acquire for this evening's event in an effort to redeem what time they spent on the quest for some sort of reward, would be most helpful as well as serve to restore some of the faith the player community has lost in P99 events.

Much respect and loyalty,

Jakkin
Druid in (Dial a Port)
Large Bat

I started here just a few weeks ago and my highest character is lvl 10. I saw that the first place they were sending us with through Kithikor and I figured out real quick that this wasn't an event for low-level characters. But I don't pay to play so meh, whatever. Thanks for trying!
Old 11-01-2015, 02:19 AM
Large Rat

The butthurt in this thread alone was worth the 4 hours of porting around and server crash
Old 11-01-2015, 02:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can have my Fire Opal if u want it. PST me in game.
I will take you on that offer. My in-game name is "Cantheron". Let's meet up in-game once the server becomes live again.

Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aviak

The only light to be shined on this kind of disastrous GM event is while most of us on Blue wasted a lot of time...

A lot of people on Red probably fucking DIED. A LOT.

And that's always a plus.
Large Rat

Expected some illusion mask like they do on Live. Reward is either super weak or malicious. You decide.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:22 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

i spent about 4.5-5 hours doing this event, and when i got to the final "treat" all of the masks poofed from my inventory.

i was not expecting the rewards to be good, i just wanted to complete the quest.

my group for the event was a cleric, bard, druid, wizard, necro, and enchanter. the best possible combo for mobility. we didn't afk or delay at all, and by the time the members of my group who didn't have their inventories poof got to the iceclad turn-in, the npc's despawned in our faces. only 2 of us were able to finish the event.

there is no possible way a solo player, or a player without a bard would have any chance at completing this event within the time allowed.

this event was clearly not functional from a technical level, i am surprised any players managed to complete it. i feel like my time was wasted. this was insulting to the p1999 playerbase. if it were tested better and functional, it could have been a fun event. but at the end of the day, it was a waste of my day.

nice troll, GM's. lol.
Last edited by Xaanka; 11-01-2015 at 02:24 AM..
Old 11-01-2015, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Welp. The event was handled poorly, but I think people are overlooking the fact that this event was, on the whole, quite a bit more complicated than previous p99 GM events. As a technical test I think it went pretty well. Feedback here is enough to show what not to do next time. People like to be rewarded for their time, people don't like to have to have an army of resources to complete server-wide events, and people would like more gradual rewards (not even scaling up -- just scaling up in # earned per time invested).
Old 11-01-2015, 02:23 AM
Large Bat

Thumbs up Helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs and Staff,

The Halloween Event was a great idea and as I've been playing on the server all day, I was online when the event first started and immediately headed to Kith Woods with the rest of my guild (Dial a Port). After spending 3-4 hours of my evening, in pursuit of completing this quest and as a druid, helping many of folk in their efforts as well, I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

With much of the server populace engaging in the event with much zeal, we all rejoiced when Jeromey (sp?) was the first player on th server to complete the event. Soon after, a GM announced that the reward system was wrong as the rewards being handed out initially were common/rare, when they were intended to be rare only. Without an encouraging solution being offered in the announcement, people began to express subtle dismay as to whether completing the quest was going to be worth their time.

At this point, I had already received my Pumpkin Mask & Scarecrow Mask, I thought I was half way done and I might as well continue on to finish the quest. After gathering all components for the 3rd mask and heading to FoB for the hand-in, a GM named Brakan (sp?) announced across the server that the event was being called off and after zoning, any temporary/illusion effects would be removed, and only the final hand-in npcs would remain activated.

For any and all players that were not on the final stage of the event, their chances for a potential reward were immediately taken away from them - including many of those in my guild, friends as well as myself, where I spent 3-4 hours pursuing this quest and now I, like them, have absolutely nothing to show for it.

In summation, I think the initial idea/kick off for the event was great. The execution was lack luster at best, caused people to lose interest and even discouraged folks just logging on people from participating. However and the most disappointing aspect was the how the event was ultimately handled and closed so abruptly, forcing people to take a walk without anything to show for it.

That being said, I sure hope the GMs and Staff can assure the player community that future events will be handled more gracefully and with a better reward system.

Lastly, any possible mechanism for players to hand in the items they were able to acquire for this evening's event in an effort to redeem what time they spent on the quest for some sort of reward, would be most helpful as well as serve to restore some of the faith the player community has lost in P99 events.

Much respect and loyalty,

Jakkin
Druid in (Dial a Port)
Closed Thread