Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Default Note to Neclo Quest Rewarding Out of Era Spells

Hello,

Let me tell you the tale of a young druid named Travelin of The Tribunal server from the year 1999. I stumbled upon this fabled quest when a fellow Qeynosian told me it yielded a very potent magician spell. In fact it was a level 44 magician spell called Elemental Armor. A young druid such as myself did not possess the power to wield such mighty magic, so I sold it to a nearby merchant for a profit of about 3.5 platinum. Astounded with my riches, I purchased a piece of leather armor from the qeynos leather merchant. I completed this quest numerous times until I was adorned with full leather and a scimitar. Gods was I strong back then. I was rich beyond belief and had a taste for Iron Rations, too.

Some time passed and I continued to build a mound of wealth by completing this simple quest. I dined in Crow's Tavern at night on the finest ale and wine, and my belly was full of delicious Iron Rations...but one day all was lost. The Note to Neclo quest was changed and was now yielding a lowly level 1-4 magician spell. No longer able to continue building my wealth, I moved to the Karana's to hunt bandits.

This is a personal account from myself and my live experience 20 years ago. I have found evidence this quest should yield Elemental Armor in this era before February 2000:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=453
Apr 03 2001 at 11:27 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
When you hail the guy, just say "Who is Neclo?"

I was told that when you give Neclo the letter you get a spell that's worth 3.5pp, it's s shame that it got toned down.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=2974
Apr 14 2000 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
He first gave out a scroll of Elemental Armor which you could sell for about 3pp, then they changed him but he ended up bugged and level 1, he's better now but only gives out a scroll of minor shielding

Feb 19 2000 at 3:27 AM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
he hasn't been disbanded, he just gives out a low lvl spell not a high lvl spell now

https://web.archive.org/web/20021031...de=35&id=55025

This final link gives additional reference to the spell, cost, and when the quest may have been 'fixed'.

----------

In summary, Note to Neclo upon server start and before February 2000 patch should yield an Elemental Armor scroll that sells for 3.5pp. For some reason, the scroll on p99 sells for way more. Also, the current state of the quest sometimes yields a ~2plat spell which should not be on the reward table for the quest.

Artelius Lightweaver
Old 05-22-2019, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Here is the correct link instead of that final link which isn't working:

https://web.archive.org/web/20021031...de=35&id=55025
Last edited by Dildy; 05-22-2019 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Wrong link
Old 05-23-2019, 05:35 PM
Project Manager

Pending update:

-'Note to Neclo' requires indifferent or better faction.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

So only the faction requirement is changing? Or will the reward be changing as well? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:31 PM
Banned

Is there going to be a section added to report in era adjustments for green? curious about this quest and others that changed rewards prior to our current timeline. would like to compile more info for them if they will be changed for green.