Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Skeleton

Thumbs up Kudos to the Gm's of p99.

I had a problem a few minutes ago where I was trained twice in Oasis by the same person, and so i petitioned. I just wanted to give a huge thank-you to Eunomia for helping me within seconds. You are awesome, sir or madam. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2015, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

Eunomia is solid.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Eunomia changed my surname in record time a while back.

10/10, would petition again <3
Old 04-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Yea, the GMs on this server are AMAZING.

It is even more amazing when you consider that on live (where they are paying and it is supposed to be a real company), GM support is apparently non existent. People grief each other and all sorts of things with no official help.

I wonder if they could get officially sanctioned by the EQ owners and be able to run this server as an off-shoot of the "official eq". Basically just "you can do subs now and make money, just give us 50% of what you get" type of thing.

If not, then hopefully they are making something off of donations...because they really deserve it!
Old 04-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, the GMs on this server are AMAZING.

It is even more amazing when you consider that on live (where they are paying and it is supposed to be a real company), GM support is apparently non existent. People grief each other and all sorts of things with no official help.

I wonder if they could get officially sanctioned by the EQ owners and be able to run this server as an off-shoot of the "official eq". Basically just "you can do subs now and make money, just give us 50% of what you get" type of thing.

If not, then hopefully they are making something off of donations...because they really deserve it!
No one profits off of the server, especially since doing so would likely bring lawyers from Sony. All donations go straight into the costs of running the server, no one is pocketing it.

Being picked up is interesting, but I don't think it'd ever happen. Rogean has well earned his spot as the top of the server, and to become part of the company would potentially take all of his work away. I don't see it happening unless they made him CEO, and even then I'm not certain.

Volunteer work is almost always higher quality than employed. Volunteers want to as much as they can, employees usually only want to do as much as they have to.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Banned

power corrupts

everyone except eunomia

pras voice of wisdom
Old 04-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Volunteer work is almost always higher quality than employed. Volunteers want to as much as they can, employees usually only want to do as much as they have to.
That is correct, once you start paying someone for doing something, it becomes a job.

I remember reading a story about a scientific study being done by people studying gorillas behavior. They gave them canvases and paint and showed gorillas how to paint. The gorillas quickly understood and started to create elaborate and colorful paintings.

This went on for a while and the next step of the experiment was to buy the gorillas' paintings with peanuts. For every painting they would get a set amount of peanuts. It didn't take long for the gorillas to understand that, and they stopped making intricate paintings and started to put just the minimal amount of paint, a few lines and spots, in order to get more peanuts, quicker.

Painting was no longer a fun way to express their creativity, it became a way to get peanuts.

I hope p99 never becomes something "official" or bought by daybreak, because it'll become a job for the dev/CSR team, and work is modern slavery. Then what would happen is Daybreak getting their noses in p99 and would go "well you're official now and get money off our intellectual property, so if you could add this and that it'd be great. Oh and make it quick, we're on a deadline and we need to please the investors."

Nah, thanks.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erydan Ouragan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and work is modern slavery.
I'm sure real modern slaves in say Coffee or Coacoa farming would agree with you.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

Here here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kudos.jpg (12.0 KB, 234 views)
Old 04-12-2015, 04:32 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev_Mer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
power corrupts
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread