Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 04:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin was the nail in the coffin for the "hardcore" because it demanded of the "hardcore" what they had always demanded of everyone else - absurd timesinks.

Ironically, Luclin is the reason instanced MMO's succeeded, and the crowd here that hates instanced MMO's is the very reason why they are now the mainstay.

I always love these little talks, because it always ends in them just shitposting nonsense because they can't accept that EQ had flaws.

Yet it won't be released here. Guess nonsense wins?

lol
Old 04-12-2015, 04:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not make EC the Bazaar zone? Limit the satchels to small, for stuff like words/runes etc the small junk that is a pita to sell. So people still have to sell weapons/armor as normal.
Oh man, great idea.

Luclin had The Bazaar, p99 can have The Tuunel.

Not really though. I'm more an all-or-nothing kind of guy and i want to preserve authenticity. Either a fully authentic classic/kunark/velious server and another one that goes up to PoP, or nothing.
Last edited by Erydan Ouragan; 04-12-2015 at 04:43 AM..
Old 04-12-2015, 04:51 AM
Banned

every time I see this thread inside my head i hear the voice answer the question, 'because it sucks, its not eq'

So thats my reason.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every time I see this thread inside my head i hear the voice answer the question, 'because it sucks, its not eq'

So thats my reason.
That's because you define EQ by superficial things, like graphics. The spirit of the game is preserved in Luclin, as well as in PoP. Static zones, no instancing, raid spawn competitions, class interdependence. It's still all there, THAT is everquest.

In the same thread you made other arguments too:

Quote:
Its just a different game.

there are lots of reasons why luclin is not classic EQ

1. the itimization decimiates 80-90% of the camps in classic EQ, so the pop in these zones drops, the value of *classic nameds becomes worthless.

2. new models are stupid and ugly and should go to hell

3. world of warcraft gaming, all that shit, we dont like, if we liked it we wouldnt be playing p99
Your itemization argument doesn't hold. That's the nature of MMOs. Current Veeshan's peak gear trivializes stuff from classic. Look at the solo artist challenge thread, you'll see that with enough gear, you trivialize not only classic, but most of kunark as well.

NToV gear remains relevant, well into Luclin, because it's THAT good. Of course, when you start gearing up in Vex Thal, you replace a few pieces, but Kunark -> Velious gear is a far bigger power jump than Velious -> Luclin.

So you don't like new models, fine. I personally love them. To each their own.

Your last argument is just dumb, though. How is Luclin WoW gaming? No instancing or dungeon finders, you can't "respec" your AAs to become something else. Sure there was mounts, but they weren't really used for movement (except by pallies/SKs) because most casters bought the slowpoke one to be able to cast while sitting in combat.

It might not be the EQ you love, but Luclin/PoP is still classic. Just not by your definition.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:15 AM
Banned

Its just the difference between cargo shorts and pants.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin is the best expansion. We will see Luclin.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So thats my reason.
How dare you take it back; TAKE IT BACK THIS ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]:m ad:[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Skeleton

Depend for what class u play. Velious are ultra boring for mago, i have do all ntov looking the ground making rod rod rod rod rod rod rod. Or before raid coth * 50 time lazy ppl cuz the way to tov is "dangerous" and coth is so easy. Luclin was so cool for mago and liberated them.
Vex thal was so cool, only quest for entrance was hard, but after its CANDY LAND. Farming the faction for velious was more boring than doing the quest for vex thal for me.

Gl for mago with velious ))
Old 04-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because soe catered to the lowest denominator starting at the release of SoL

cat people were dumb
bazaar ruined trading
new graphics looked like shit
new ui was dumb
mounts were dumb
porting to nexus was dumb
THIS. Mostly the graphics and bazaar for me. Also there were tons of exploit bugs, and why are we in space? Let's keep the medieval fantasy theme going here.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet it won't be released here. Guess nonsense wins?

lol
Absolutely perfect example of a nonsense shitpost.

Thanks for the demonstration.

Also, a dude.
Closed Thread