Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 12:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.... if you have a 1h that's better damage/ratio. If you don't, use what you got.

Note the caps are not strict caps, really; my ogre chars routinely hit for over the listed caps there; see the discussion page for some examples.
Weapon damage is capped at 21 prior to 10, then 28 until 20. However, as Frug stated above, strength modifier can still apply prior to these levels. That being said, as a new iksar with no strength gear, I doubt you'll see this happen unless you're buffed at the time.

Aabdel - Wood Elf Rogue
Abdell - Half Elf Ranger
Meladei - Half Elf Bard
<Storm Watch>
Old 08-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Large Rat

There’s great, cheap, options for SK two handers. The one I have is a Vehement Sword of Reivaj. I use sword and board for grouping to get the extra AC and bash ability. Main task in a group is to keep aggro and soak up damage to help healers, not kill the thing. Solo you want a 2HS so between swings you can cast and also have less chance to miss if fear kiting. 2HB works too like a Darkwood Stave.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Basically the only way to get a better ratio 2hander than 1hander at level 9, is if someone gives you a valuable 2hander, that's just better than your sharpened stone rusty weapon, because reducing the 2handers damage by 40-60% is usually enough to make it's ratio worse.

I was trying to make the statement simple, but I did include the link if they wanted to do research.
Closed Thread