I have a better idea (post Below) 11 4.21%
Aeolwind's Devious Idea 34 13.03%
Donut 21 8.05%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make it so if you wake the sleeper then you die IRL.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Kobold

Sleeper's Tomb should definitely reset at some point after waking the Sleeper and version 2.0 should never see the light of day here. Maybe 1-6 month variance on the reset after waking Kerafyrm? That would give plenty of people something to work towards for a long time, and it would allow everyone to eventually enjoy the content. The Sleeper being awakened was pretty much the coolest thing in EverQuest, but once it was done, it was kind of sad that nobody else would be able to experience that content or get that loot. Don't destroy the existing keys when he gets awakened, either. That's just going to prevent smaller guilds from EVER getting into ST, while the big boys wake him and farm keys faster so they can wake him again. If my memory serves me, there was a global shout from some NPC that the sleeper was awakened before he started rampaging through certain zones and pwning face, so there will be a bit of a warning for people to camp themselves out while he's fighting Yelinak and such.. I think it was Nagafen and Vox that shouted something.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanoraBryght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the Sleeper is woken, he rampages across zones and kills anyone and anything in his path.

Let that include the P99 server. 24 hour downtime, full server wipe, game reset.

Would you like to play a game?
Fully support this idea.

Also, a dude.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voted for classic.

Will be awhile before anyone has to worry about Sleeper being awoken depending on key distribution.

Getting 50 keyed people at 70% key kill ratio per spawn would take about 15 weeks.
it doesnt take 50 to wake the sleeper. quite a bit less.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Banned

Anything besides the classic mechanism of permanent wakening of the Sleeper is a horrible idea and a complete 180 from what the intent of this server is, a classic approach to Classic/Kunark/Velious Everquest.

For shame on you bluebie maggots.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Just leave it classic, I really want the sleeper to get woken up to compare p99 tears to eqmac tears.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Sarnak

Make the sleeper have random loot. And for each game day he is awake make him a little bit more kill-able. Maybe a slowly ticking debuff to hp/attack or something. The last couple of game days he is up will be the only time he will susceptible to attack because of the slow debuff. So you basically get one shot to kill him before despawn if you can time it right. Then maybe 1 month or so respawn timer.

He prolly still wouldn't be killed, but it would be awesome to have something unknown in the game. Only the devs would know exactly whats on the loot table.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just leave it classic, I really want the sleeper to get woken up to compare p99 tears to eqmac tears.
Playing a game just to make other people angry. Pretty fucking pathetic. This server is like a magnet for these dbags.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing a game just to make other people angry. Pretty fucking pathetic. This server is like a magnet for these dbags.
Hmm? I don't play, but classic is classic and tears should be shed.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would argue that it's the forums, not the server. Forums always tend to attract the... loud. And judging by his response it holds true!

Everyone wants to experience the sleeper encounter. Keep the respawn long enough to keep the "classic" feel alive, but allow people to experience it as it was. Flag accounts to only experience it once.
Closed Thread