I have a better idea (post Below) 11 4.21%
Aeolwind's Devious Idea 34 13.03%
Donut 21 8.05%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devious Idea:
When Sleeper awakened keys get deleted and possible to cause the tomb to respawn with the warders.
Keys of who awakened it? Sign me up.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

"Devious Idea" has to go one step deeper to be effective, not only all Sleeper's Tomb Keys, but all ST Talismans (Sont, Lend, Yeli, Zland, Kland) that make keys get deleted as well. Otherwise people just stock pile talisman's to recreate keys immediately after waking Sleeper. It would require anyone that is willing to awaken the sleeper to have to put in effort to maintain a raid force willing to compete and kill the 5 dragons for keys.

Monthly/Bi-Monthly resets would be far too often and would lose the impact of any Awakening. However, longer resets (6-12 months) allow for a small group of miscreants to come in and awake the sleeper every reset just for the sole purpose of locking people out. Once this group has their keys, they can keep it in a perpetual state of wake-lock.

Lastly, Classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was truly impressed that EQMac's community was able to work together as civilized players to maintain Sleeper's Tomb in the pre-awakening state for so long, until certain people stormed EQMac and woke it for the sole purpose of griefing the community. That same group of people played/still play here and have stated intention of doing the same on P99.

There has also been prior discussion in the Veeshan's Peak training/rules threads, that the same policy of allowing training may be invoked in Sleeper's Tomb and Temple of Veeshan. I certainly hope that is not the policy adopted by the staff and that it gets removed for Veeshan's Peak eventually.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

monthly reset with deletion of peoples keys who wake

or

what about flagging anyone who wakes the sleeper and making them unable to ever zone back inside
Old 11-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lastly, Classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was truly impressed that EQMac's community was able to work together as civilized players to maintain Sleeper's Tomb in the pre-awakening state for so long, until certain people stormed EQMac and woke it for the sole purpose of griefing the community. That same group of people played/still play here and have stated intention of doing the same on P99.
Probably shouldn't put too much thought into the sleeper since griefers will ruin it for everyone anyway.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

Allow sleeper to be awakened only once, but have only 1 warder repop instead of 0 after his death.

It's still detrimental to ones farm to awaken him, but at least it's not denying others a chance of warder loot, albeit slowing it down some.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Sarnak

sleeper being released by top guild to deny everyone else the content is classic. how quickly and spitefully it will happen on p99 is not. Should GM's have the right to alter the game mechanics to preserve a truer classic experience? yes absolutely

i don't like "keys get deleted" ..because that would allow the winning guild to horde tali's until they know they have enough to re-key everyone...then they would release the slepper just as a way of denying everyone else access to the zone entirely.

i do like re-popping warders...it takes away the benefit of releasing the sleeper.

allow sleeper to be released once. then repop ST but perma-kill the forth warder. velious is our last expansion...lets live in the time capsule for ever.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

donut
Old 11-21-2013, 03:05 AM
Fire Giant

I'm not sure why anyone thinks it would turn out any differently.

Classic - Wake Sleeper - Warders Gone

Wake Sleeper - Warder Repop after one month - Same people wake it again

Wake Sleeper - Warder Repop after six months - Same people wake it again

If Sleeper Keys are ever deleted after he is awoken, any casual player will NEVER see Sleeper's Tomb. That is probably the most detrimental thing you can do.

@ Alarti

Just because you have 50 keys not mean there will be 50 players available at a given time.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure why anyone thinks it would turn out any differently.

Classic - Wake Sleeper - Warders Gone

Wake Sleeper - Warder Repop after one month - Same people wake it again

Wake Sleeper - Warder Repop after six months - Same people wake it again

If Sleeper Keys are ever deleted after he is awoken, any casual player will NEVER see Sleeper's Tomb. That is probably the most detrimental thing you can do.

@ Alarti

Just because you have 50 keys not mean there will be 50 players available at a given time.
Takes like 2 grps to wake him
Old 11-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Nuking ST keys once the sleeper is awoken is a cool idea, but it would be cooler if only the people involved in the wakening had their keys nuked. That way other guilds or people could continue to mass their keys giving them an upper hand temporarily until they wake the sleeper. I guess this discussion is above my head though since I am not a raider. Im sure people have a million reasons for why this is also a bad idea. Either way after the sleeper is awoken he should take at least 6 months+ to reset.