Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question Who's doing Vox/Nagi now? I'd like to join one before I over level

Who's doing Vox and Nagi these days? I'm currently 48, fast grinding my way into my 50s with all my spells ready. I'd really like to kill the old world dragons before I level beyond them, but I haven't seen many raids forming for them. I know there's some guild clashing and mob controlling on the server, are these pretty much owned by a guild? Who has them locked down and is there any hope of joining one? Even as a guest? Any open raids for them, ever? I'd just like to see them go down one good time, it's half the reason I came to ther server.

Any advice or guidance would be helpful...

Tanarac - 48 Dark Elf Necro
Old 04-16-2015, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

I get a little bit sad when I see these posts.

Join TMO/Rampage/BDA/Omni/Taken. Outside that you won't see either mob and in all likely hood you will outlevel being able to participate in a Class R kill or be denied from C because you are too low level and are useless on the more important mobs.

Edit: Forgot Divinity, I think they pick up the odd Vox kill. Believe they have a 55+ req though.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Does the 52 and below requirement apply here? Is it really that contested, that no one but the top players get these two mobs?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

And is there a thread defining the "classes" of these kills? I need to understand the classifications better
Old 04-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

The problem with these dragons is the unclassic spawn time they have.

They should spawn every 7 days on the dot. Here they spawn every 7 days +/- 8 hours.

Using Nagafen as an example. He will spawn some time between 4PM Sunday - 8AM Monday. So there is a very high likelihood he will spawn while most people are in bed before their Monday work week begins. Making scheduling a raid impossible.

More than the top 2 guilds get these mobs. But it's only guilds who actively track or quickly show up on a server reset who get them. They die quickly after spawning, never just sitting up.

http://www.project1999.com/raid.php

That page explains the classes.

The 52 rule does apply here, they will banish players over 52.
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-16-2015 at 12:03 PM..
Old 04-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowelharvest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the 52 and below requirement apply here? Is it really that contested, that no one but the top players get these two mobs?
Yes, the level 52 and below requirement applies here and yes, it is really that contested.

Project 1999 does have classic mechanisms and is very authentic, except for the economy and the raiding scene.

Anything that's remotely valuable is perma-camped and contested. If you only want the casual grouping experience, p99 is great.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah, I've noticed the end game is super contested. To the point its discouraging. I'm trying to get my 60 ding to coincide with velious if I can, so when everyone leaves to go explore, I might be able to camp and FBSS or two in some damn peace.

As I approach, I am concerned for the drama/raid/guild/contestested/etc/etc shit the server has, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.

I am looking for a raiding guild, don't have much to offer *yet* but I do show up on time and finish the raid, if that's worth anything to any officers out there, and I'll be 60 rather soon.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

On P99, you either:

1) wait for a class R version to roll around and try to tag along with one of the guilds racing for it (keeping in mind you need to be available at a moment's notice in the 16 hour window)

or 2) keep pushing to 60 and roll an alt specifically for Nag/Vox and join a Class C guild and maintain your availability for the 16 hour window at a moment's notice.

Class C (and some Class R) guilds have specifically leveled and geared alts parked in Permafrost and SolB to engage Vox and Nagafen within minutes of spawning.

Once Velious comes out, Vox's importance will go way down on the priority list with the removal of the rez staff from her drop table.

Nagafen will still be popular due to his Bladestopper.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Banned

Vox and Naggy should be restricted to low level guilds and pubs. No reason for the same guild that farms VP to have these nostalgic old world mobs locked up from the rest of the population.

My only live raid memory was a pub vox raid where tons of people just braveheart rushed her and rolled on loot.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

signed, every p99 raid mob
Closed Thread