Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Fix the transparency on visor for Erudite female custom helmet
The texture is it570erf03.bmp in gequip2.s3d.

But the texture itself is fine. The problem is in the gequip2.wld data -- the visibility/blending flag is wrong for the material that is applied to that texture.

Oldschool EQ models used two kinds of (cheap) partial transparency/blending algorithms. One is mainly used for particles and such (skulls with green beams of light coming out of their eyes in various old zones are an example): the texture is transparent as its color approaches black, opaque as it approaches white. The other, main one is more basic, essentially just multiplying the color of the texture with the colors of the world behind it, which makes for a somewhat more even effect as far as the transparency goes.

The erudite veil is using the first one instead of the second.

This is what it looks like with the particle-style blending (visibility flag: 0x80000017):
(I couldn't remember what packet or command is needed to make the model show up on the head, which is why it's in a dark elf's hand instead)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And with the main transparency style (visibility flag: 0x80000005):

I don't know if your texture fixer application can edit the .wld files; that's what would be needed here.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=nilbog;2237209]This is fixed, pending update.

Thanks nilbog. Does this include the custom cowl of mortality too? There's also a slight tint on it atm
Old 04-10-2016, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking at this again, my solution looks awfully dark by comparison (even allowing for it being night in my shot and there being no face behind the veil). Maybe I'm wrong.

On the other hand, it seems unlikely that the particle-style blending would change that much between clients or versions of DirectX, that colors approaching white would be substantially more opaque. Ghost mob models (iksars, dwarves, erudites, sarnaks...) use the same blending, and they don't looks substantially less transparent than they used to, do they? It's a pretty fundamental blending algorithm, too... probably not something that would be screwed up if they had to go back and write shaders for all the old stuff that used fixed-function rendering somewhere along the line or something.

The texture itself looks pretty normal to me, although a lot of it is really really close to white.

I dunno.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks nilbog. Does this include the custom cowl of mortality too? There's also a slight tint on it atm
Yep.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep.
Splendid!
Old 06-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

White Dragon Helm aka KT head quest does not have a Velious graphic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
Old 08-17-2016, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Bump. Please fix my Erudite helmet.

My human ranger's hair sticking out the back of his chain helmet I imagine is the same problem; hair and hoods showing when a helmet is equipped.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:47 PM
Developer

I'm the author of the classic texture patcher:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32380

Send me a PM on how to contact you over Skype on the WLD file specifications and I would be VERY happy to add support for blending modes. This is something I've wanted to add but didn't know how to parse the WLD files to do it.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm the author of the classic texture patcher:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32380

Send me a PM on how to contact you over Skype on the WLD file specifications and I would be VERY happy to add support for blending modes. This is something I've wanted to add but didn't know how to parse the WLD files to do it.
Wow almost 5 years since your last post. You sir are the King Lurker. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2016, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

Kind of an old thread but the Noctivagant Crown from Growth has no graphic on my ogre shadow knight's head. No quest giver of course so can't turn it in for any customization.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician