Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Well since we're on the topic...

The guild wiping to Vulak maintaining agro on Vulak while the other guild runs underneath him, unable to get a new FTE because of the wiping guild maintaining agro, and then the wiping guild coordinates an agro drop that triggers a new 1 hour FTE lock on them (the guild that wiped)... is a blatant exploitation of the FTE mechanics.

Since that wiping guild can't come to that realization on their own, we have their guild leader going to the raid discussion forum pretending that the rules are too complicated, and that is why they blatantly exploited the mechanics by accident on purpose.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well since we're on the topic...

The guild wiping to Vulak maintaining agro on Vulak while the other guild runs underneath him, unable to get a new FTE because of the wiping guild maintaining agro, and then the wiping guild coordinates an agro drop that triggers a new 1 hour FTE lock on them (the guild that wiped)... is a blatant exploitation of the FTE mechanics.

Since that wiping guild can't come to that realization on their own, we have their guild leader going to the raid discussion forum pretending that the rules are too complicated, and that is why they blatantly exploited the mechanics by accident on purpose.
Please look into this new promising research:

Oxytocin Infusion Reduces Repetitive Behaviors in Adults with
Autistic and Asperger’s Disorders

Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by dysfunction in three core behavioral domains: repetitive behaviors, social deficits, and language abnormalities. There is evidence that abnormalities exist in peptide systems, particularly the oxytocin system, in autism spectrum patients. Furthermore, oxytocin and the closely related peptide vasopressin are known to play a role in social and repetitive behaviors. This study examined the impact of oxytocin on repetitive behaviors in 15 adults with autism or Asperger’s disorder via randomized double-blind oxytocin and placebo challenges. The primary outcome measure was an instrument rating six repetitive behaviors: need to know, repeating, ordering, need to tell/ask, self-injury, and touching. Patients with autism spectrum disorders showed a significant reduction in repetitive behaviors following oxytocin infusion in comparison to placebo infusion. Repetitive behavior in autism spectrum disorders may be related to abnormalities in the oxytocin system, and may be partially ameliorated by synthetic oxytocin infusion.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...0e0d000000.pdf
Old 12-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

I guess you were not at the repop on Monday, Legday, or you would know that this is in reference to something Aftermath did, not Awakened. Since it was Detoxx who said this was not against the rules, are you saying it is? I was actually in agreement that it could in fact be in line with the rules.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

I see you.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

yes we do
Old 12-21-2016, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

It's a slow day at work counting down to my flight home for the holidays, so I've taken it upon myself to educate everyone on the disabilities many playing p99 face so that we can be a little more understanding of their pixel-lust and lawyerquesting... It's not their fault they are broken

Interesting support group I found:
Video game addictions are one of the most common things that we see when working with others with Asperger’s. They become heavily into video games growing up, and spend most of their time playing video games, instead of socializing.

Watch the video below to learn what to do about this:
https://youtu.be/yC6WIHCCRiM
Old 12-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess you were not at the repop on Monday, Legday, or you would know that this is in reference to something Aftermath did, not Awakened. Since it was Detoxx who said this was not against the rules, are you saying it is? I was actually in agreement that it could in fact be in line with the rules.
Wut?
Old 12-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wut?
Many mental health professionals are very concerned about the long-term effects of playing video games. According to Dr. Moran, relying on screens for educational purposes and using them as a stepping stone to other desired activities may prove beneficial.

However, the problem is when the application of video games turns into hours of game play.

“As the obsession grows, kids withdraw into isolation preferring the video game world over real life, which has shown to lead to loneliness, depression and suicide,” Moran adds. “The growing cases of suicide in autistic adolescents is very concerning.”

It’s important to be aware of the pros and cons of video game exposure to children with autism. Be aware of warning signs such as isolation or addiction.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wut?
Maybe instead of replying to an RnF thread about it, you could post your thoughts on mine... It is a legitimate question, as it doesn't appear against the rules, but as you and I have discussed in the past, I was always working under the assumption that you had to run from entrance.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was always working under the assumption that you had to run from entrance.
Did you begin operating under that assumption after Quean manipulated FD mechanic for FTE last week?
Closed Thread