Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 09:42 AM
Banned

The other thread got locked cuz chiggen waxed afaik
Old 01-26-2018, 10:57 AM
Banned

Here is the deal with catching boxers. It is almost impossible to prove someone is playing 2 characters at once with a video or screenshot, so a GM has to be present. GMs with suspicion have to go through whatever test like a DUI checkpoint to decide whether or not the person is boxing. The best a screenshot or video will do is give the GM a reason to closely watch the player the next time they log in. The biggest issue with that on red is that no GMs log in.

This is why it is valuable that someone in your guild or faction has a pocket GM. If someone talks with GMs on discord or has their ear they may be able to get them to login and enforce a rule that otherwise would go unpunished for anyone else. You aren't going to build this relationship with petitions. You need to go where these nerds hang out and pretend to be friends with them so you can get them to do what you want.

If there isn't a dedicated GM focused on enforcing rules like a full time job (why would there be what a shitty thankless volunteer job) then rules will not be enforced evenly.
Last edited by HippoNipple; 01-26-2018 at 10:59 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Server dead (or in its death throes at best) & reporting some dude for boxing is your primary concern

This thread *may* have had a purpose four years ago
Old 01-26-2018, 03:23 PM
Kobold

My god, whenever has one guild hogged all the best raiding spots in the history of r99? Now that it's finally happened, server's doomed for sure.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:11 PM
Banned

How about a "thank you Tune for setting an example of box dominance for us to learn from"?

What an ingrate.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

That dude Oathbreaker is retarded. I fully invite you, or anyone else to petition me if they think I am boxing. Only so I can laugh in your face when the gm calls you a mad idiot and tells you to take a step back.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

id be more embarrassed that someone caught me logged into this sanctuary for pedos and druggies.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

server is no different then it's always been. one guild always has control. CYA.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:04 PM
Orc

Not enorcing any rules at all is better than only enforcing them when it suits the top guild. The server is sliding into another dark age due to the blatant corruption going on.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

^this guy lol. I don't play and will never play on this shit server again without a wile. That being said 3 months ago there was a consistent 40-70 players on for like a year straight. Sever hits 130+ now constantly. People want to raid and it's profiting your server. Just like you say it's the same story for the other side. Recruit and contest...
Closed Thread