Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

OK, so...bye. Have fun and be sure to write if you find work.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by beversami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic.

Also they removed the ability to use them since they don't work properly with the new "classic darkness" system. So welcome back, because there's your legitimate reason.
THANK YOU Someone who offers a real explanation. I understand if it messes with the game somehow. That makes sense.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, so...bye. Have fun and be sure to write if you find work.
Awe so cute, that make you feel so special? Really rubbed your nips the wrong way eh? Please go away unless you have a brain cell to offer the conversation.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemaas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You failed to read my original post because you were so quick to be a troll instead. Thank you for a real response. I will explain:

As I stated I never played EQ classic. I played Everquest Online Adventures and I would gladly play it again if an emulator existed. It was based off of this game (I did not know that when I played it)

I am mad that the developers took something away that made the game feel more like EQOa not classic. I understand they want to deliver a classic feel I just want to know why they would disallow me to use different models on my client that only I can see. No one wants to answer this question.

I NEVER played this game with classic graphics, I never played it at all expect p99. So imagine being in my shoes, never seeing these graphics before ( a friend told me about p99 and how it could feel like eqoa with luclin models) and then being forced to use them after getting used to the others after a 1.5 years of playing.

I am passionate about EQOA and this little server was the closest thing I had to home. Why do I have to look at crap pixels because it rubs neckbeards nipples the wrong way?
I read your post, that information is just irrelevant to the point of your whining.

This is a classic EverQuest emulator set to recreate the classic Everquest experience found in the Classic, Kunark and Velious expansions.

The Luclin models were implemented after that.
They are not in the project's vision!
They are only in this game because the game is based off of a media (Titanium) that comes pre-packed with them already. No different than any of the other NPC/MOB models they have disabled over the past ten years.

The do not belong here. They are not wanted here. And they should be disabled.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read your post, that information is just irrelevant to the point of your whining.

This is a classic EverQuest emulator set to recreate the classic Everquest experience found in the Classic, Kunark and Velious expansions.

The Luclin models were implemented after that.
They are not in the project's vision!
They are only in this game because the game is based off of a media (Titanium) that comes pre-packed with them already. No different than any of the other NPC/MOB models they have disabled over the past ten years.

The do not belong here. They are not wanted here. And they should be disabled.
Still your gatekeeping models is useless. I asked for a legitimate explanation (which I got above) and you offer your feelings and opinions. By opinions I mean "The do not belong here. They are not wanted here. And they should be disabled."

Above post said that they do not work correctly with some stuff implemented in the game. That is a satisfying answer. I don't give a shit about your whining just as you dont give a shit about mine. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

I think on p2002 they allow Luclin models? Might be a good idea to simply play there.

They have Luclin, too! (lol)
Old 10-17-2019, 09:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by beversami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic.

Also they removed the ability to use them since they don't work properly with the new "classic darkness" system. So welcome back, because there's your legitimate reason.
Also I still am quitting, my character looks like a potato. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think on p2002 they allow Luclin models? Might be a good idea to simply play there.

They have Luclin, too! (lol)
Again, another useless/non contributing/sarcastic response. Good job adding substance to the conversation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemaas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still your gatekeeping models is useless. I asked for a legitimate explanation (which I got above) and you offer your feelings and opinions. By opinions I mean "The do not belong here. They are not wanted here. And they should be disabled."

Above post said that they do not work correctly with some stuff implemented in the game. That is a satisfying answer. I don't give a shit about your whining just as you dont give a shit about mine. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay then. Bye!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a side track, what happened to the EQOA emulator? There used to be one, years ago.

Danth
Not that I know of, project Return Home is supposedly working on one, but it has been years and reconstructing the game with no live server to packet sniff on has proven difficult. The page has been dead for a while, so I do not hold out hope.
Closed Thread