Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Default Names in fashion screenshots on the Wiki

I was wondering two things: Is this the appropriate place to even ask this, and if there are any corresponding rules.

There's a disclaimer on the bottom of the wiki, "The Project 1999 Wiki is not maintained by the P99 staff..."

So I'm not sure who to contact about this, because there is a degree of moderation going on. Never tried to contact wiki moderators before.

If you take a look at the page at https://wiki.project1999.com/Velvet-Trimmed_Satin_Robe , there's a picture of an iksar sporting the robe and an erudite, with the character name included. I prefer to not see the character name, but that's just my preference. What I noticed is that this same individual is also on the https://wiki.project1999.com/Fashion page... eight times.

I happened to notice that this individual is around on a lot of pages... and then I saw this on their user page: "This user is currently blocked. The latest block log entry is provided below for reference:

(Deleting valid wiki content and replacing it with personal version: to be clear, uploading your own pic is fine, but deleting other people's pictures to do so is not.)"

So I include that not to shame that individual, but just to acknowledge that there's some rules to follow around doing stuff on the wiki. Are there any rules on including names in fashion shots?

It might seem insanely petty, but I'm wondering if it's appropriate to simply crop names out of fashion pictures? I have no problem with them modeling, and the name everywhere bothers me, but that isn't enough to warrant me changing their stuff. I don't want to lose my ability to help the wiki because I had a fashion rage.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.