Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind, CHA only affects the critical resist and not lull resist in general. The issue with it in green / teal is that at a lower level, even blues are much closer to your level than when youre 50+
I would guess this is most likely the reason. At higher levels the con range gets larger and you are fighting things a lot lower level than you a lot of the time.

On blue I created a pally twink with the idea I wanted to use it to pacify and pull. I invested in a lot of CHA gear. I was around 160 or 180 cha and at low levels I would still get resists. Around 30 it started to get where I could actually use it in Lguk but it was still iffy and would pull the whole room. Around 45+ i think in Solb and beyond and def 50+ in the kunark dungeon and the hole I would use it all the time and would not even worry about a crit resist they were so rare. I even quit doing stuff like equipping a crude stein to pacify b/c resist were so rare at that point.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would guess this is most likely the reason. At higher levels the con range gets larger and you are fighting things a lot lower level than you a lot of the time.

On blue I created a pally twink with the idea I wanted to use it to pacify and pull. I invested in a lot of CHA gear. I was around 160 or 180 cha and at low levels I would still get resists. Around 30 it started to get where I could actually use it in Lguk but it was still iffy and would pull the whole room. Around 45+ i think in Solb and beyond and def 50+ in the kunark dungeon and the hole I would use it all the time and would not even worry about a crit resist they were so rare. I even quit doing stuff like equipping a crude stein to pacify b/c resist were so rare at that point.
Wow. So at low levels, charisma doesn't matter because you get so many resists anyway; and at high levels, charisma doesn't matter because you get so few resists anyway. So much for the new Charisma Cleric min-max meta.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow. So at low levels, charisma doesn't matter because you get so many resists anyway; and at high levels, charisma doesn't matter because you get so few resists anyway. So much for the new Charisma Cleric min-max meta.
haha yea that is a pretty good summary.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah maybe.... But is it classic that the crude stein, one item that was primarily made to help ogres compensate their lack of charisma while selling/buying to the merch, is one of the most overpowered items in the game ? I don't think so.

Many stats are completely fucked in p99.
Is that the purpose of that item? Because the difference in prices for the CHA delta it provides is absurdly low. I think that was one of those mechanics they started to implement but forgot or didn't give a shit about; like begging.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:25 AM
Banned

ive lulled my way through sebilis on p99, spells fine make sure your only lulling blue cons
Old 11-27-2019, 12:12 PM
Banned

Anecdote time! My necro crit pulled on 2/4 Numb the Dead in Najena a couple of days ago against light blues.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Kobold

As people have already said, its more about the ratio of levels.
Even as a 60 ench with 255 cha my sphincter would clench when lulling ilis or krup frogs.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

There are no "light blue", just "dark green" cons...
Old 11-28-2019, 12:09 PM
Orc

Pacify line for pallys, and clerics worked fine on live , i never had an issue using it , i never played blue , so maybe its just screwed up with blue coding. /shrug
Old 11-28-2019, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkdaring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pacify line for pallys, and clerics worked fine on live , i never had an issue using it , i never played blue , so maybe its just screwed up with blue coding. /shrug
Anecdotally, I remember on live we used to joke about the pacify line being a pulling tool as it usually immediately aggroed rather than lulled.
Closed Thread