Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 10:12 AM
Kobold

Yea im begining to think my Classic EQ mentality doesnt fit p99 as much..... but im still enjoying it! It seems like about half the population are good ole classic EQers and the other half needs to go back to WoW....
Old 12-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I enjoyed most about my server (Prexus) back in 1999 is that people were genuinely kind. I wish p99 was more like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea im begining to think my Classic EQ mentality doesnt fit p99 as much..... but im still enjoying it! It seems like about half the population are good ole classic EQers and the other half needs to go back to WoW....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_retrospection
Old 12-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Even nicer of him to give it to you after you talked smack to him lol
Old 12-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I enjoyed most about my server (Prexus) back in 1999 is that people were genuinely kind. I wish p99 was more like it.
I think it has to do with the newness of the server TBH. On Blue, people were really kind all the time in my experience.

With the new servers, everyone is starting from scratch, so people are more focused on/value more their plat and loot. With only classic content available, certain popular areas are very crowded and overcamped, which leads to more confrontations and tension. I think as the server ages a bit more and we get closer to Kunark, it will start getting better and people will chill out a bit more.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously theres no obligation from anyone to do anything like that so im not butthurt or anything
I tell him "Its kind of messed up you let me die, but its ok, she only had a rusty dagger"
not butthurt or anything
If I were in his position I would have taken out the pet for the other guy
and then hits TRADE!
at this point im feeling bad for the guy
I tried to make him feel better
I just wanted people to know about the amazing thing Kalsto did
I petitioned to see if a GM could help think of a way to somehow reward this guy
I hope you didn't sprain anything from these mental gymnastics.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:50 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Pyzjn camp is just the devil and just a stupid script with a way too low spawn and drop rate. The dumbass I am already spent 150+ hours on that camp, killed her myself about 20 times, maybe even more and seen a few people kill it the same amount. She dropped GBS only 3 times in all those kills. I got my GBS on live within a shorter timesink than here on green. They should really change this and it gets me even to consider quiting greenserver. Its even a harder camp than Manastone with /list.
Last edited by Eqwil; 12-20-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Old 12-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

I don't understand why you ran a guilt trip on that dude. You rushed a mob and failed. You didn't deserve it, to be honest.

You should've let the dude have his item, man.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why you ran a guilt trip on that dude. You rushed a mob and failed. You didn't deserve it, to be honest.

You should've let the dude have his item, man.
that was my thought. I think a part of you feels some guilt and that's why you made this thread to praise him and try to get him his, while still selfishly keeping the one he should have had. If you really wanna 'make it right' then just give it back imho.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Default Ports

Just port him for the rest of time for free. That would be worth it lol :P
Old 12-23-2019, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqwil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pyzjn camp is just the devil and just a stupid script with a way too low spawn and drop rate. The dumbass I am already spent 150+ hours on that camp, killed her myself about 20 times, maybe even more and seen a few people kill it the same amount. She dropped GBS only 3 times in all those kills. I got my GBS on live within a shorter timesink than here on green. They should really change this and it gets me even to consider quiting greenserver. Its even a harder camp than Manastone with /list.
This one of the easiest camps in the game due to the way p99 scripted it....

Super easy to spend all game night making her pop using a well made guide on how to spawn her via. (Easy to find said guide.)

Or if you want to do something even easier and super lazy like I was, camp a ranger there and log in once it's time for the first possible spawns and track. If the mobs did the spawn work for you, go kill. If she isn't spawned, log off. I imagine I spent around 10 total minutes of actual game time to get mine, over a relaxing 5 day period.
Closed Thread