Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-04-2015, 04:25 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs down Only having crashing issues in particular kunark zones

Certain kunark zones I'll crash zoning and it'll take 10-20+ attempts to log in.

So far the zones I've singled out are Overthere (so bad I needed my char GM summoned out), Swamp of no Hope, Lake Rathe, and it has happened to me in Tox before too. It seems like such a specific problem, I tried reinstalling thinking zone files might be corrupt but literally same zones same issue. Tried with Duxas and tried with wineq, no difference. Used to use this zones no problems. Any thoughts?

Btw 4-5 months ago when I was last messin around had no problem with these zones. Tested them on other servers and they load fine.

Found this particular error in the dbg log.

2015-03-04 02:12:22 Networking: connection terminated [client[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]isconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,server: DisconnectReasonNone]
2015-03-04 02:12:22 disconnected at C:\EQ\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:17233 (char. select) DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,DisconnectReas onNone
2015-03-04 02:12:22

Everything else looked fine. I have no idea what that means since it says disconnect reason none [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jadian; 03-04-2015 at 09:42 PM..
Old 03-04-2015, 11:01 AM
VIP / Contributor

I have been working on resolving these random unknown issues with certain Kunark zones for a looooong time and have not found a finite answer. The best answer I have been able to come up with is the proximity of the player to the server and the quality of the ISP. Again, its all circumstantial, but try using a coffeshop wifi or something to connect and see if the issue goes away
Old 03-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

I am relatively far away (from everything) and my ISP is good but not great, so that certainly lends credibility to your theory. It's just so strange how I'm zipping around zoning through some zones with no lag, 5 second zone times, then I hit these and it's like a brick a wall. I appreciate your response though, makes me less frustrated knowing it's not just me.

(and I don't wanna switch back to gci)

All the above zones worked fine for me for about 2 hours this morning, then suddenly the crashing started again. Adding Dreadlands and FV to the list of zones causing the issue. I mean I just find it really strange that it'd be an ISP issue when I can watch neflix, load youtube, and do other shit while zoning through any other zones or whatever and have no problem and these zones just lock up. But you did mention that you know of a zone specific problem. Argh, just frustrating. 3 stuck chars now, I can get them summoned but there's shit I need to do in those zones, hence me braving taking them there.
Last edited by Jadian; 03-04-2015 at 09:42 PM..
Old 03-05-2015, 08:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

I noticed it primarily in trakanons teeth and sometimes emerald jungle, and completely restricted to only kunark zones. Its an anomaly and no reason for it to happen other then a gremlin in the machine. try reducing your clipping plane to the minimum
Old 03-07-2015, 02:28 AM
Sarnak

I used to notice weird lag in TT too, doesn't feel like this is the same thing. I've turned off or way down literally any memory using setting, graphic, etc. Was pretty convinced it was an outdoor environmental thing as dungeons (chardok, droga) I loaded into fine until it happened with the Hole as well. Guess I'll have to test a new connection to confirm but it's strange since I played in all these zones fine on this connection months ago. Seems like a time out issue I just don't understand why it happens in all these particular zones, but I could run from freeport to permafrost no problem.

Edit: The Hole might be the worst so far. Still can't get in from yesterday. 20+ attempts total. That zone's about as complex as loading google so I don't see how it's a connection issue when I can stream netflix in HD and fly through every other zone on my way there.
Last edited by Jadian; 03-07-2015 at 06:56 PM..
Old 03-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

November using the v33 spell file none of these zones had any of this issue, so whatever's causing it seems to have been implemented since then. (on whichever end)
Last edited by Jadian; 03-07-2015 at 07:14 PM..
Old 03-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Banned

ive had issues in kunark zones causing very strange lag, ping, and cpu spiking(i would monitor your CPU with a windows gadget). my fix was an issue with global load file. i use luclin models, and with some patch my luclin model gloabalload was causing issues/lag/etc. I still use luclin models, but only with char models turned on. theres a post in tech that allows you to select which models, might give that a try if you are using lucling models, that could be the issue.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

I've only ever used old character models, couldn't stand the newer ones. And yeah trying to enter these zones does cause my whole computer to spike sometimes. Turned off every feature I could think of really, but good to hear new ideas still.