Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

In my opinion, LOIO is popular because it is near a city good aligned players can bind in and a big zone with lots of mobs for lots of groups. Plus it's easier than a dungeon, easy to solo for classes that can solo. I've always argued that Kunark allowed lesser skilled players to get to level 50+ because of the outdoor zones they introduced. LOIO to Frontier Mountains to Overthere to Dreadlands. It's no coincidence these were some of the most populated zones back then as well.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Orc

I seem to recall LOIO having either the base ZEM or maybe a small bonus for quite a while when Kunark launched. It wasn't until much later that it was nerfed due to overcrowding.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

LOIO had newbie zone ZEM. It should have the same ZEM here.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do the p99 developers use the same exp ratios as eq mac? I mean they can make the zem whatever they like per zone right
Adjusting for the 75% base ZEM on the wiki instead of the 100% "logical" base ZEM, P99 uses the same ZEM.

Convert the first column in the EQMac wiki to base 100 (divide the number from the wiki by 75) and you will get the ZEM values posted in the P99 FAQ.

I listed the EQMac wiki for ZEM because it includes values for Kunark and Velious, and its sortable.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Its not all about modifier though. It can also be about Solo XP vs. Group XP. Safety and convenience. (Banking/selling etc) A good group in LOIO can keep mobs coming in almost constantly. Places like Unrest etc. a train can cause reverse XP and take time for CRs. Its also about the fun of the place your at. Some places for me just were sooo bloody boring. Lots of aspects that motivate people to XP where they want to I think.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Kobold

You don't always have to group in the zone with the biggest ZEM. If you want to level in Kunark, go for it. There are plenty of people there grouping.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not all about modifier though. It can also be about Solo XP vs. Group XP. Safety and convenience. (Banking/selling etc) A good group in LOIO can keep mobs coming in almost constantly. Places like Unrest etc. a train can cause reverse XP and take time for CRs. Its also about the fun of the place your at. Some places for me just were sooo bloody boring. Lots of aspects that motivate people to XP where they want to I think.
Totally agree. There are many factors to take in to account. ZEM is not the be all end all of fast exp. Just ask all the people sitting in KC waiting on spawns.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally agree. There are many factors to take in to account. ZEM is not the be all end all of fast exp. Just ask all the people sitting in KC waiting on spawns.
Personally, I would consider a good ole' dungeon crawl much more fun that an outdoor zone where you camp on a wall and easily single pull things to you. Even Sarnak fort, a reasonable puller isn't going to bring more than 2 mobs to camp at a time.

In UGuk, once you crap out your faction, things can go wrong, you can be swarmed, and then its a hectic "oh shi-" before your group manages to pull out the unthinkable and survive (without having to train).

But we are getting back to casdegere's point: its also about the fun for the place you are at, and the above is fun to me.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read somewhere (possibly on forums) that the reason it had a negative ZEM was because there were faster and more plentiful spawn points than in any other zone? Anyone know about this?

"Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I would consider a good ole' dungeon crawl much more fun that an outdoor zone where you camp on a wall and easily single pull things to you. Even Sarnak fort, a reasonable puller isn't going to bring more than 2 mobs to camp at a time.

In most cases I totally agree. However last night I was in Skyfire with a mage, necro and 2 shaman, chain pulling everything we could find and it wasn't uncommon for us to have 3-4 mobs on a pull. That was some pretty exciting stuff, especially with the chromos dispelling constantly.

Outdoor AoE groups can be fun too. But I admit, these types of groups are normally an exception to the rule.
Closed Thread