Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guild alone has over a dozen people who aren't logging in or is taking a break after merge hoping people quit playing in a week or two. My guild can't be alone in this.
I can't help but feel this is hyperbole. You literally talked to 13+ people in your guild who all said they aren't going to play for a bit?

But also, you're making a critically flawed assumption:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most likely because they knew the majority didn't want it yet.
Your assumption is that the staff cares what "the majority" wants ... but they don't.

They certainly do care about the overall health of the project, but otherwise ... Nilbog is famous for saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) that he'll keep making things more classic here even if it leads to a population of 10 .

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-21-2020 at 12:34 PM..
Old 01-21-2020, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They certainly do care about the overall health of the project, but otherwise ... Nilbog is famous for saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) that he'll keep making things more classic here even if it leads to a population of 10 .
Strict, unwavering adherence to The Vision(™) is the most classic thing of all.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't help but feel this is hyperbole. You literally talked to 13+ people in your guild who all said they aren't going to play for a bit?

But also, you're making a critically flawed assumption:

Your assumption is that the staff cares what "the majority" wants ... but they don't.

Different guild I'm guessing and also guessing like mine they didn't have to talk to the person. They just said screw this taking a break hopefully it dies down.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:00 PM
Large Rat

Last couple of days I've been seeing a lot of duos where one player would be considered a little low-level for that zone and the other partner is more than ten levels higher. And all in XP spots. These power leveling duos could very well be two-boxed.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:38 PM
Large Bat

Default "without warning"

" without warning "

Quote:
Nov 01, 2019 - 8:34 PM - by Rogean

Therefor, we are happy to announce that we will be opening Project 1999: Teal within the next 24 hours. The goal is to keep both servers at a healthy population for the amount of content available. We will be keeping an eye on player numbers and merge Teal back into Green as soon as the combined population is appropriate for the current content, whether that be in weeks, months, or years.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

like I told them, pushing the bottleneck down the road doesn't solve any problems in vanilla EQ. And splitting up the server for any significant time period is going to come with serious problems. To make matters worse they allowed people to play on both teal and green, which really boggles the mind when you consider they were basing the timeframe to rejoin the servers on the amount of players on both. Which would of course be artificially inflated by boxers., to say nothing of the economic effects, either.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:41 AM
Sarnak

We knew the servers would be linked together again. I had assumed it would be right before plane of fear went live. I think the timing is perfect to be honest. It's a couple of weeks before fear so both servers can adjust, any of the major issues with combining the two would be worked out and GM's will be free to deal with the cry fest that we can guarantee will happen once Fear is patched in.

The merge is good for the economy, it's good for socializing, and it's just easier for the p99 team to manage. The assumption Teal players were going to have a non competitive, lesser populated server forever is really jaded.

"Dozens" of people can quit, move to blue, do whatever but the dev's have already said they aren't going to undue their decision. And for the people who say they're incompetent or don't care about their players, PLEASE put your competence up for show and create your version of classic Everquest.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I have literally talked to over a dozen people in my guild who will not be logging in for awhile in hopes that things will die down or will just wait until Kunark, which will actually have enough zones to sustain this populace. I am not in a large guild either, so a dozen people not logging in is a large chunk. There is a program called Discord, I know it didn't exist in 1999 but it certainly does now.

For those that say these are classic numbers, fine, except people didn't know what they were doing back in 1999. 75% of the server was not 30+ by this point in the timeline. When you have to compete with the majority of the server 40+ for only a few zones, it really stinks. It really is awesome to go into a zone once you get a group set up and do a CC and people come back with "everything". It usually ends up with one of us splitting off to each of the zones to see what is open and nothing is. SolB, LGuk, CT and even MM (which is greening out at this point) are all camped. We have even tried Permafrost, which apparently has no mobs in our level range, all are solid green or red. If we could get some of our necros their required words, we would even give Kedge a try, even with its awful pathing.

It was hard enough to find camps open when the servers were split, now it is near impossible.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

getting desired camps is not easy in EQ

you gotta show up early and or wait

its very rare to form a 6 man group, venture over to Lguk in prime time and the camps are just waiting for you

that never happened on live in classic era, we used to be happy camping a 3-4 spawn static room w a few random blue mob pulls between.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This "for free = no complaints allowed" trope was old 10 years ago. Have anything substantive?
Im not sure how this is inaccurate in 2020 compared to server release in 2009.

You aren't a customer, you are a user.
Closed Thread