Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 11:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play the monk. If anyone comes in here after me and tells you not to because "Iksars something something hurr durr" ignore them.
cmon dont mislead him. In truth, Iksar is clearly the superior choice for monk. everyone knows this. the OP is asking "will I have a tough time with these classes?"... Iksar monk will have a much easier time than human which is why 9/10 monks are Iksar. requires more exp but: AC bonus that stacks, Regen that stacks, swimming, night vision, forage. iksar

trust me, i hate the fact that SOE made Iksar so overpowered but this is the Norrath we live in. id say gherron's first reply is the way to go
Old 03-14-2020, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

Basically as a Paladin or Ranger there is always going to be a class better than you at any given task. They are well known to be the two most gimped classes. I don't know if these guys are trolling or if they are just noobs. I would only recommend those two classes for RP or fashion. If you want melee and you don't want to be a gimp your stuck with War, Monk, Rog and SK. SK may receive some hate for being a hybrid but they seem to be loved by noobs for the snap aggro.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

If you have a chance to test Iksar regen vs Human it may cause you to reroll when your laying there FD waiting for some HP. That is also something to consider
Old 03-14-2020, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe he can play one of his favored melee classes, then make a monk at Kunark.

It's certainly more typical to have one farm character to gather plat and items (like an enchanter, necro, mage, or even bard) and one melee character to twink with it all (monk, rogue, warrior, ranger, other). However, a level 50 character of virtually any class can at least gather platinum; and Kunark is many months away.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically as a Paladin or Ranger there is always going to be a class better than you at any given task. They are well known to be the two most gimped classes. I don't know if these guys are trolling or if they are just noobs. I would only recommend those two classes for RP or fashion. If you want melee and you don't want to be a gimp your stuck with War, Monk, Rog and SK. SK may receive some hate for being a hybrid but they seem to be loved by noobs for the snap aggro.
Paladin and Ranger both have their niche. Paladin (and SK) are both better tanks in non-raid leveling content. Ranger as an outdoor puller. You also say that rogue is good in classic with this terrible weapon itemization? In Kunark, and particularly after epics, rogues are great. Now? Nah.

You're in here calling people noobs, but it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about yourself.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin (and SK) are both better tanks in non-raid leveling content.
This is a typical noob opinion. The reason you would think this is because your so bad at playing you need the tank to have snap aggro. A warriors superior mitigation and dps make them a better tank for non-raid leveling. Warriors are better for trios, groups, raids.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

There is also something special about being the only human monk worshipping Quellious left on the box with VP loot making everything trivial anyway after 3 years.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a typical noob opinion. The reason you would think this is because your so bad at playing you need the tank to have snap aggro. A warriors superior mitigation and dps make them a better tank for non-raid leveling. Warriors are better for trios, groups, raids.
Nah.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 03-14-2020, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
your so bad
You're so bad...

You can thank me later, when you land a job and begin earning your way to financial independence.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nope