Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

fuck your kunark bro the beginning of the end we keep it classic thx
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

bards on the other hand, never get increased mana...
Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was this on the progression server?
No, was EQ live, 1999. Unless someone else remembers differently, pretty sure paladins could get off between 5-6 "Healing" during levels 20-30 and probably 5-6 Gheals at 50.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Kobold

How Cast see's himself:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How others see cast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo
Old 11-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3Afr1ca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, was EQ live, 1999. Unless someone else remembers differently, pretty sure paladins could get off between 5-6 "Healing" during levels 20-30 and probably 5-6 Gheals at 50.
Nah dude no chance in hell anyone remembering differently. Your 5-6 is exactly spot on
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Orc

They probably have too many hp's and their spells are too cheap to begin with too :P

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...ead.php?t=3400

Here's the list of major boosts to knight abilities since December of 99, as least as well as I can remember them. It's been a long time, so my order and timing compared to expansions is no longer reliable, but I'll try anyway.

Pre-Kunark:
-Knight HP is given a boost to bring us to a level between that of rogues/rangers and warriors. Previously, a naked level 50 rogue would have more HP than a knight. He still out tanks us, though.

Kunark:
-SK Lifetap progression is altered, so that the level 60 tap is 338 HP, rather than 150.

-Harm touch is given a damage boost post 40, and moved to the lifetap resist table. HT has ever since remained in relatively close
proximity to a high end wizard nuke.

-LOH is given a serious boost in damage healed, approximately doubling it.

-Hybrid mana pools are -greatly- enhanced. First, our mana-per-stat-per-level is set equal to casters, removing the nine level penalty. Second, our spells are set to cost the listed mana cost, not twice it, and in the case of the SK's lifetaps, three times it.

Velious:

-Hybrid /discs are introduced. Rangers and bards win big. Knights don't get much.

-Knight defensive caps are raised from 225 to 252. We can finally out mitigate, but not out dodge, a rogue. Warriors still out dodge, out parry, out riposte, and flat out out avoid and out mitigate us. This is as it should be.

-The Great Two Hander Change. This is described above, but the -real- bonus is a seperate, nearly concurrent change.

-Hybrids are flat out given detrimental spell haste on all dots, stuns, DDs, taps, snares, etc with a casting time of 3.1 seconds or greater, not including items. Further, the act of casting a spell no longer causes 'next melee attack' timer to restart. Previously, wielding a 45 delay weapon meant I would swing 4.5 seconds after my last swing, or 4.5 seconds after finishing my last cast. Now, it means I will swing 4.5 seconds after my last swing, unless I am casting at this time, in which case I will swing immediately after the cast is complete. The timer then starts again at 4.5 seconds. This means that I can cast 'between' melee attacks.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Kobold

Is this to say that "joust-casting" isn't classic, and wasn't introduced until Velious?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenudil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Hybrids are flat out given detrimental spell haste on all dots, stuns, DDs, taps, snares, etc with a casting time of 3.1 seconds or greater, not including items. Further, the act of casting a spell no longer causes 'next melee attack' timer to restart. Previously, wielding a 45 delay weapon meant I would swing 4.5 seconds after my last swing, or 4.5 seconds after finishing my last cast. Now, it means I will swing 4.5 seconds after my last swing, unless I am casting at this time, in which case I will swing immediately after the cast is complete. The timer then starts again at 4.5 seconds. This means that I can cast 'between' melee attacks.
this is wrong. that change just allowed you to keep auto-attack on while you were casting a spell. your "swing" would attempt while you were casting, if the timer was up. (ex: swing, begin casting 5 sec spell, 4.5 seconds later attempt to swing while casting spell so nothing happens, spell casts, 4.0 seconds later swing again)

the change just made it so if you left auto-attack on, then you would "save" your next swing attempt till the casting was finished
Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
-Hybrid mana pools are -greatly- enhanced. First, our mana-per-stat-per-level is set equal to casters, removing the nine level penalty. Second, our spells are set to cost the listed mana cost, not twice it, and in the case of the SK's lifetaps, three times it.

Looks like my memory with my troll SK back in 1999 was crystal clear.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is wrong. that change just allowed you to keep auto-attack on while you were casting a spell. your "swing" would attempt while you were casting, if the timer was up. (ex: swing, begin casting 5 sec spell, 4.5 seconds later attempt to swing while casting spell so nothing happens, spell casts, 4.0 seconds later swing again)

the change just made it so if you left auto-attack on, then you would "save" your next swing attempt till the casting was finished
I didn't play a hybrid then so i can't verify either way, I could see how you might be correct but even so it would still be a significant buff not having to time every spell and turn attack on and off, and the patch notes say differently.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010109.html

Melee attack timers will no longer be reset when a SK, Paladin, or Ranger cast a spell. Previously these classes had to wait a full attack delay after casting before they would attack via melee again.
Closed Thread