Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Kobold

Default Bind Sight pulls on belly casters

I found an issue with the recent changes and am not sure if that's intended. Will just snip what I told my guild in discord:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Harmony too!
Old 10-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Did a very quick search for 'aggro and bind sight' found this

Quote:
Gimpy bards also use bind-sight. Open the door and get a target on a mob that you can see, then back up and bind sight on that mob, you can then bind-sight hop round the room, lulling all and sundry. Er... Actually uber mobs use bind-sight too from time to time. Case in point, the Feratha pull.
For the uninitiated, Feratha is a big badass puppy in RSS who lives in his big hutch with about 8 guard puppies. The guard puppies are lulleable so if you can lull round his room quick enuff you have a single pull. Howevah!!! The room is too big to lull them all from outside, and you cannot go into the doorway as Feratha has a substantial aggro range and will bite your head off. Sooooo how.... First run downstairs and, from a safe range, get a target on any mob in the room. Then go back upstairs and into the room directly above Feratha. You can now bind sight on the mob and hop around the room lulling with impunity!
https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Pulling_guide

The mob he is referring to is in Omens but it is unlikely they would radically change how Bind Sight works from Velious > Omens the spell was in at classic release. This is one example though of how the spell functions, bind sight into a place to get targets for lulls at a safe distance where otherwise wouldnt be possible. Surely if Bind Sight had the ability to cause aggro on resists this Bard would have warned you about it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Too add: Bindsighting at leash range is causing mobs to attack your bindsight target... as fun as it is to watch Vindi and the temple guardians battle it out I doubt this was intended.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Bind sight never aggroed, I am 99% certain of this.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Server GM

Dev's are aware. Using bind sight intentionally to trigger or exploit factions wars will be punished.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dev's are aware. Using bind sight intentionally to trigger or exploit factions wars will be punished.
Okay, so I used bind sight earlier to pull Vindi. But mostly to have fun. Normally I would've summoned an eye, so no harm was really done. My apologies.

Hope that is alright, considering I reported that bug, as soon as I found out and saw your reply way after it was dead! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Screapy; 10-08-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Old 10-14-2019, 04:15 AM
Fire Giant

Good to see AM/Aegis using bind sight on Aary to kill all the NToV roamer flurries to speed their preparation for dragon.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:38 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Harmony too!
Harmony should be -1000 resist and cause no aggro. Resist check should come before proximity check.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good to see AM/Aegis using bind sight on Aary to kill all the NToV roamer flurries to speed their preparation for dragon.
Would love to know who actually cast it because I was on Nir'Tan and the only other bind sight in our raid (that I know of) was a bard who wasn't on Aary either.

Could've been from anywhere in the zone, just like the AG wiz who died accidentally engaging earlier in the evening.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>