Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 02:55 AM
Kobold

Default Can custom content Please correct epic rarity

I played a bard back on live, and Juel never amounted to anything, except a lot of fun for me. When I learned about P99, I started a bard, but ended up playing a druid cause I could (my brother had a druid on live). My druid got his epic at 55, my monk at 50, the cleric I borrowed at 52, but now that I'm playing my bard; the only way I would have to get an epic is to quit my guild and join either a Vox farming guild or an elite guild that can kill Gorenaire. Don't get me wrong, I've had invites, I just like my current guild (DB) and don't like that my options are so limited since the bard epic is so rare.

Would the race for Vox be lessened? Possibly, but would that be bad or good? It's my understanding that Vox being untouchable by 53+ was to encourage people that weren't max level to raid her. Instead she is now camped by alts that have max gear and engaged within 10 minutes of popping. She does has some amazing gear that is unique to her, so even if she wasn't a pain point for bards, my druid would love to have a rez stick so she will still be over camped. It would be nice since we don't have guilds that don't have max levels that she ignore the 53+ rule and instead be given an appropriate defense.

Hate is a fun zone, but since only 1 mob can have the magi's loot table, it's largely ignored, I would really enjoy being there more. I've heard that eventually the staff can drop off of other mobs, I know many mages who have spent stupid amounts of time trying to earn plat to get this staff.

Warriors... I haven't ever played a warrior, so I don't know much about that epic.

I think P99 is here for fun, I don't care if it is classic, I want it to be fun and while some socking should be required for l33t loot, some loot for the epics seems silly. I would love for my bard to have a high elf and halfling mask, but those are possible so I don't complain.

I post this now, wouldn't it be great if the custom content we were told might be coming would alleviate these issues?

My last point would be while I am sad my bard probably won't get his epic, I would like to thank the GMs, not as a plea, but I've met a ton of cool people on this server. Some of them I've gotten x-mas cards from, so despite what you think of my plea, we do have a bit of a family here that I enjoy and I'd like to stick around for. I'd just like an epic on my bard (and there I took any good juju away).

Sincerly, I'll leave it to my signature, but I won't make a ranger until he can be a halfling.
Shamzoukas Shaman
Healzoukas Ranger
Old 03-13-2020, 03:05 AM
Kobold

We have VSR for Venril Sathir, the Undead Bard for Trak, Ragefire for Naggy, why can't we have similar mobs for Vox, Sev, and Magi?
Shamzoukas Shaman
Healzoukas Ranger
Old 03-13-2020, 07:06 AM
Kobold

Staff drops off all revanents in Luclin era
Old 03-13-2020, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Custom content should add things to do without destroying what little balance the game has, not just make existing shit easier to get. You're risking driving off even more population if you simplify the toughest class goals in the game like war/mag/bard epics.

Custom zones with models from later expansions and custom loot drops with era appropriate stat formulas. Some way of re-opening ST in limited fashion. Limited and heavily balanced custom AA's. These are ways of helping blue stay relevant.

Nerfing bard epics to the point that any random DB alt can get one without having to make the tough choice of changing guilds is more likely to lead to people getting bored and quitting after they have their previously unattainable singing short sword.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:42 AM
Kobold

^
Shamzoukas Shaman
Healzoukas Ranger
Old 04-10-2020, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

absolutely fucking not
Old 04-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

go play shards of dalaylablia
Old 04-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Yup, on a server where people have been purchasing Rogue epics for 20k since before I started playing, my ability to enjoy classic EverQuest has been totally ruined by the unclassic treatment of epic quests and ...

... wait, no, no it hasn't. I've still had a blast for years here in spite of that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I would continue to have a blast, even if Mages actually had a chance ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) to see their epic ... again on a server where it's normal to buy your 10th Rogue alt an epic for less than the price of Lodi Shield. You can't "ruin the classicness" of epics on Blue, because that already happened over half a decade ago, and this is the entire reason they're doing custom content on Blue, not on Green.

But even putting that aside, EverQuest was never a finished product. It's not like even Brad said "ok, Luclin's coming out, the game is done now, I'm out". It was an imperfect, unfinished work at the end of Velious, with some major flaws, and later changes to the game would address and fix those legitimate flaws (along with adding a bunch of crap like AA and moon cats).

Just because P99 chose not to get that other crap doesn't mean it has to pretend "just before Luclin = perfectly finished game." IMHO it'd be great if custom content on Blue remedied many of the "left unfinished at the end of Velious" issues (eg. the shawl is the tradeskiller epic: it needs an 8th blacksmithing quest!) ... only just ... without moon cats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-10-2020 at 10:55 AM..
Old 04-10-2020, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMHO it'd be great if custom content on Blue remedied many of the "left unfinished at the end of Velious" issues (eg. the shawl is the tradeskiller epic: it needs an 8th blacksmithing quest!) ... only just ... without moon cats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man, I'd love to see the Ikky warrior pike quest line completed to Pride of the Legion. I'm not sure why, I just think the Ikky class quest lines were just awesome.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

ya dont hurt stuff already in game and dont add a bunch of out of era wierdness. stuff like jagadpine itemized to lvl 30's would be neat at best, still wierd tho RIP blue once this starts happening everyone will just migrate to the 'new green'

epics can be mq'd and that is generally easier than it was in real classic back in the day epics were really rare, like at best 10 on server for any given class ever most people didn't lvl a char with the intent to get an epic

further anything custom should be opt in - not force the player into it

so zones players dont have to go to
loot players dont see in the old world dungeons like guk
added in the form of quests - that weren't completed or finished, or new quests, possibly npcs in out of the way places
stuff that doesnt raddicaly alter tradeskills or provide a new tier with wierd old world drops - that would again impinge on the old world zones, like someone farming bb for their tier 2 tradeskill set
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-10-2020 at 01:48 PM..
Closed Thread